Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to four months pediatricians appointment

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:08 PM
  • 78 Replies
And she said I could start LO on baby food! One green vegetable a week for a month then by six month he should be eating all colored veggies and fruit. I'm so excited! 😄

**Update

I've decided just to try the cereal and if he wants it let him have that once a day with bottles of course and ease into solids around six months. Thank you ladies.
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Not something I would do but if you are excited good for you. None of mine started solids before 6 months when they could sit up. DD is almost 7 months old and hasn't even started solids yet.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Oh dear... this won't go well for you, Kacie.
jjames1990
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My children and grandchild began foods at 3 months. All healthy and normal. Have fun and introduce lots of foods!

But standby for the "you are ruining your child"
MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You're about to be told six ways from Tuesday what an idiot your pediatrician is.  Ignore all of it and enjoy the foods.

And don't use your real name.  Folks here...yeah, just dont.

Don't text and drive.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:26 PM
I never understood needing a doctor's permission to do normal mom things.
maminka-4
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Sorry, but her gut isn't ready for foods. Especially for cereal. Rice cereal for babies is starch which ends up being sugar. No go for babies. Wait till she is old enough to sit up and grab food before starting food.

All my kids were closer to 8 mos before starting foods. Breast milk or formula is enough till then.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Enjoy your baby!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I take it you're formula feeding, then? And that you choose to ignore the AAP's guidelines in favor of your pediatrician's (outdated) advice? 

Don't be surprised if baby doesn't even touch the baby food for months. Just don't try to shove it in his mouth, if he doesn't want it he isn't ready for it. Most babies are not ready, and refusing to eat is his way of saying "not yet". Just try again in a few more days.

Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I went to my daughters last week and she said we can start cereal in a few months I just nodded. We will be doing baby led maybe when she is 7 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I started mine at 4 months as well. It is now the recommendation. I read about it and my pediatrician told me about it as well. You are doing the correct thing. It will help with food allergies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)