Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandparent gifts

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Ugh I am at a total loss for my parents and my husbands parents for Christmas. My dad bought everything my mom asked for and vice versa.

My mother in law and father in law refuse to give us gift ideas, because they say they are participating in our gift exchange ( dh has 11 brothers, so all the boys and their spouses do a white elephant exchange ) , but I found out through the grapevine, that they are buying for everyone and trying to keep it a secret.

Both of our parents hate the idea of gift cards.

I have a 20 dollar limit per parent

Help with last minute ideas.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:26 PM
Framed pictures of the grandkids together and separate, a craft that the kids all made, something to do with their personal interests and or hobbies?
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:28 PM
Ok, I want this. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:31 PM
I did this for my parents and in laws. My mil is getting pictures made of all her kids and grandkids. I'm not sure what I'm doing for my parents.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

AvantGardener
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:33 PM

I make them all calenders every year. Pictures of the children through the year. :)

kikibix
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:33 PM

I give practical gifts but of better quality than they would buy themselves, so nicer toiletries, wine, coffee, etc. in the past I have made a theme basket with pasta sauces, baguette, wine, pesto, sundried tomatoes , cheese, biscotti, etc. That was well received. My parents don't like or need stuff, just consumables.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM

I go personal for grandparent gifts. Time to bust out the pictures. This year I ordered personalized fleeces blankets off of zazzle for the grandmas, a beer Stein for one grandpa and coffee mugs for the other two. All covered in pictures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM

How old are they?

VickyJoJo
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:45 PM
Photo calendar. Shutterfly has them. Upload a bunch of pictures of the grandkids and make a calendar. Practical, minimal clutter. Did that for my mom when she was alive. And if you don't do it for this year, you can start planning for next year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:09 PM
We're doing the jar of notes thing again for my mom (the only grandparent). We did it years ago and she loved it. Now the kids are adults, we thought it would be a great surprise for her. She doesn't want or need anything at all, except love. ❤️
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)