Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plenty of fish..update

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:15 PM
  • 129 Replies

Against my better judgement I put an ad on POF. I am sick of being single and was bored. At my age, 44 it is slim pickins and I am picky so I figured I might correspond with a couple decent good looking guys and maybe meet someone over coffee.

Wrong. I don't get it. Flaky guys who email a couple times then disappear. About 25-30  guys have emailed me in a week. 3 I emailed back....2 have disappeared. 1 guy I have been talking too for a couple days hopefully he will meet up here so I can see what he is like.

Out of the 30 guys, over half have been black. No offense but I am not interested in AA guys never have been.Dont like bald either, or short. I date hispanic and white only.

This "meet me" feature is ridiculous. Just a bunch of desperate guys who send requests to every chick on the site.

anyone else on it?

Update..met a guy tonight first one. nice guy but not interested. I am picky. Now i know why he didnt smile in any of his pics. Really bad teeth. Overall really wasnt my type and not the norm  but I was intruiged. Oh well.

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:25 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I found POF total bottom of the barrel. Be sure to go into your mail settings and put an age cap on people who can email you otherwise you will get a bunch of old men.

hotmomofmakayla
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I meet my husband on POF,we got together 11/8/14 n got married 11/8/15
Aoife_Of_2
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I met my fiancee on it 2 years ago.
Wedding in 5 months. :)

On our first date we knew we were the ones for each. Right then and there at the table we deleted our accounts and everything. Been inseparable since.

I went way out of my age range. SO is 15 years older than me. I'm 31 and he's 46. But it has worked for both of us. Just keep hunting it took me awhile.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never been on POF but when I was single I did check out a few sites but all I found was losers & married guys.
mommy31210
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:33 PM
Hubs and I meet on pof. :-) this was almost ten years ago know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:35 PM
Met Dh off of pof, we just had our 5 year anniversary. ❤
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Try OKCupid, or pay for Match. Both have better quality people, especially Match

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:36 PM
I played around on a few dating sites before I met my DH. POF always seemed bottom of the barrel guys looking for sex. Try OK Cupid if it's still around. I met some nice guys on there. Had some fun dates. But then I was set up on a blind date with DH and that was that.
libbybell
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Mobile Photo

I met my DH off POF. I was on the site for a year. We have been together 7 years, married 6.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)