Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitty experts!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Got my first kitten today. 7 mo female. Got fixed 5 days ago.

She is adjusting well i think. She was woth her mom at the shelter and i feel kind of bad. I hope her mom will be ok.

I showed her the litter box once. Set her in it. She tookoff lol. Hasnt peed or pood anywhere to my knowledge. I hope she uses it soon so i can be assured she can do it just fine.

Idk just rambling. I love her so much. She almost has a poopy smell to her yet she is so clean so idk whats up with that. And i wont torment her with a bath just yet lol. Maybes she farty. Idk.

Whats.new at this age what to expect this first few days and weeks. She meows ALOTTT. but mostly for attenton i can tell. She lives to be pet.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:24 PM
She may not like the litter you're using. You also could be using too much which can make them feel like they're sinking.

We've found for ours like the natural litters and a litter pan, not one that's covered, works best.

Cats also like their privacy especially when using the litter box so make sure it's in a quiet place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:28 PM
Do u think she shoild have gone by now ?

I asked the lady at shelter about food and she said she eats anythinf and everything as modt cats there do. They get whatevrr is donated. So i assumed it was same wit litter.
But ur right. I see it. She did kind of sink and ran off and of i rememeber correctly the type she had in her cage was rough almost like tiny tree stubs. And mine is like fine sand. I will take some out. Tty.

Quoting SDmomma-3: She may not like the litter you're using. You also could be using too much which can make them feel like they're sinking.

We've found for ours like the natural litters and a litter pan, not one that's covered, works best.

Cats also like their privacy especially when using the litter box so make sure it's in a quiet place.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:33 PM
She probably should have used the bathroom by now but she may be backed up. Is she on any medications? That can cause some constipation and honestly she might have peed somewhere and you may not have noticed. I would watch her and just scope out what she's doing.

It could also be a change in her food but that wouldn't cause her to stop peeing.

It also could be just because she's still getting g used on her new home, she might be nervous and anxious.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do u think she shoild have gone by now ?

I asked the lady at shelter about food and she said she eats anythinf and everything as modt cats there do. They get whatevrr is donated. So i assumed it was same wit litter.
But ur right. I see it. She did kind of sink and ran off and of i rememeber correctly the type she had in her cage was rough almost like tiny tree stubs. And mine is like fine sand. I will take some out. Tty.

Quoting SDmomma-3: She may not like the litter you're using. You also could be using too much which can make them feel like they're sinking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:49 PM
She had some time pretty much alone for an hour when she first got here. My sister was here but she is a animal extrodinaire and was sitting wuiet whole time
. Then an hour withme and my child just axting normal plus trying to get to know her.
Now kid is sleeping. She has come out more and walking around. Its been an hour already. So almost 4 hs now. I havemt noticed pee or poop. She drank a bunch. Has not ate. Seems ok.

Quoting SDmomma-3: She probably should have used the bathroom by now but she may be backed up. Is she on any medications? That can cause some constipation and honestly she might have peed somewhere and you may not have noticed. I would watch her and just scope out what she's doing.

It could also be a change in her food but that wouldn't cause her to stop peeing.

It also could be just because she's still getting g used on her new home, she might be nervous and anxious.

SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM
I think it's just nerves then. She's drinking which is good, I would say if by noon-ish tomorrow you haven't noticed any signs she's gone to the bathroom call the vet and just ask them. They'll be able to tell you what you should do/if you should be concerned.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She had some time pretty much alone for an hour when she first got here. My sister was here but she is a animal extrodinaire and was sitting wuiet whole time
. Then an hour withme and my child just axting normal plus trying to get to know her.
Now kid is sleeping. She has come out more and walking around. Its been an hour already. So almost 4 hs now. I havemt noticed pee or poop. She drank a bunch. Has not ate. Seems ok.

Quoting SDmomma-3: She probably should have used the bathroom by now but she may be backed up. Is she on any medications? That can cause some constipation and honestly she might have peed somewhere and you may not have noticed. I would watch her and just scope out what she's doing.

balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM
It may take her a little time. Our new kitten took a day or so to start eating. We did notice that he used his box after we'd left him alone. They can be very private creatures.

Ours is a talker too. He meows to beg, get attention, to get us to play with him or just to hear the sound of his own voice. But he's a cuddler too. He'll just hang out on one of our laps for hours and just purrs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Omg this little girl is NON STOP purring. Im like. What does she even have to be so happy about right now. She did it at shelter too. I can just tell she is naturally a verrrry expressive purrer. All the time. I didnt realzie cats do it for no reason just all the time. No other cats i ever met did that.
I like her meows. She is walking around checking the place out really good now. I will have to get her a window seat. She tried to jump on my window sill and failed a few times lol.

Quoting balagan_imma: It may take her a little time. Our new kitten took a day or so to start eating. We did notice that he used his box after we'd left him alone. They can be very private creatures.

Ours is a talker too. He meows to beg, get attention, to get us to play with him or just to hear the sound of his own voice. But he's a cuddler too. He'll just hang out on one of our laps for hours and just purrs.
pikacat
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:16 PM

If it is just the first day, I would not worry about it. I am assuming at 7 months she is probably already litter trained and is probably just getting used to her surroundings. If you happen to find a piece of poop not in the box, put it in there and put her in there too and just kind of scratch around.

I am betting she is fine tho and wont need it. She might not be super hungry the first couple days as well, so there may be less waste initially. Congrats on the new baby! Kittens are the best!

TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM
She's probably just nervous in a new home. When I adopted my cat two years ago I would only see her at night for two weeks straight. She waited until we were sleeping to move around. She warmed up and now she trusts everyone. She is a very anxious cat though. Just give your kitty a few days to adjust in her new home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2016 at 11:48 AM
I think she has peed a verrrrry little bit in her litter box. Last night she slept in my bed with me awwwwww and today i napped the whole house was silent and she napped under the couch fr most of the day.

Just an update. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)