Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decided not to TTC anymore, but .....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

DH and I have been through it all as far as pregnancies go.  I've been pregnant 5 times, and we have one child.  Our son was stillborn in the 3rd trimester, our daughter was stillborn at the end of the 2nd trimester and then I had a very early miscarriage and then the last was a miscarriage at 14 weeks this past summer.  We went through lots of fertility testing after our last loss but it takes a while for results to come in.  It's now been 6 months and still no results.  In any case, DH and I were talking about how we were feeling 2 weeks ago and he answered first saying that he would still like to if we got some reassurance from the doctors.  I told him that I didn't want to try anymore, we have no answers and honestly - we're getting up there in age.  We're mid 30's, DD is 8 1/2 now.  I feel like sadly I just have to accept that another child is just not in the cards for us.  Well, I am now 4 days late.  I haven't tested yet, and I am afraid to test.  Who cares that I said I didn't want to, if I got a positive test I would be insanely happy, but also scared.  Hoping to live in this maybe dream land another few days before I test and know for sure.

Anyone have any similar stories for me? Would be much appreciated! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:33 PM
Honestly I would be scared with your history. Do the doctors know why you have only carried one child to term?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:37 PM

They're thinking it could be genetic.  I went through a lot of tests but it's taking a ridiculous amount of time to get the results back.

Quoting bleumonster: Honestly I would be scared with your history. Do the doctors know why you have only carried one child to term?

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Sort of. #1 was born, then 3.5 years later #2 was born. I THOUGHT I was done, I had a boy and a girl, and didn't want any more. 4-4.5 years after #2 was born I realized, not suddenly, that I DID want another child. So did my husband, but we never said anything to the other. At this point I had been on Depo shots for the same amount of time. I stopped the shots and it took two years to conceive #3. There is 3.5 years between #1 and #2, there is 7 years between #2 and #3.

We were like you. Had been trying for longer than we thought we should and we were both frustrated and annoyed that it wasn't happening. We were both inches away from throwing in the towel and saying Oh Well, two's it for us when I finally got my BFP. I hear it all the time here, and I've said it too many times: stress DOES affect conception. The more you can relax and enjoy the attempts the easier/faster it will happen. WAY easier said than done, I fully understand that too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Seems like after two kids the women on my mothers side can't carry anymore past 14 weeks...

Sadly if they do the baby is born still born...

This is my second pregnancy and I'm already high risk and it's gotten bad because I a getting huge cysts and with thin blood I can bleed out easy if one pops...

Doctor thinks a removel of everything just might be best for me after this child's born...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was stillborn. She took us five years to conceive. I had multiple miscarriages after her. I gave dh a set time. I got pregnant a month before the deadline. I was a freak my whole pregnancy. I was so afraid of losing another baby. He just turned 13 months. He has healed me so much. Good luck.
momofthem311
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM
You should get on Plexus. Read the Facebook testimonials page. The Plexus fertility page is ful of amazing stories
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)