Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't handle this anymore & I don't know what to do.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
I had a baby 10 days ago & he does nothing but CRY & CRY & CRY! He won't fucking stop. Dr says colic but I can't deal with this! I cry with him half the time because it's literally causing me my sanity. I have migraines constantly because I can't handle how much he CRIES! I have NO one to help me, that's not an option so please don't even suggest it. He cries so much & it's taking such a toll on me that I feel super distant from him. I love him & still take care of him, hold him, & try comforting him but I don't feel a bond at all with him. Im not like IN LOVE and in awe with him how a new mom is supposed to be with their baby. Im also on anti depressants but doctor says they could take up to 4 weeks to start working. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Breast feeding or formula?
RennerAddict
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
When you need a break, go outside for a minute & just breathe. Put him in a safe place before you do. Get a vibrating bouncy chair for him to sit in. Also may want to rule out any food allergies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Can you get outside and go for a walk? A change of scenery? Can you use headphone and listen to music to drown him out? If you are right there, you can still care for him and ensure his safety. Can you sit him down safely and take a three minute break in another room? He will be okay for a few minutes and it's worth it for your sanity. Sorry you are going through this momma!
ChefLoveMomma
by Culinary Genius on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM
I am so sorry. My DD was like that too.Mylicon if he is gassy, a vibrating chair, a car ride, weather permitting a walk in the stroller.

It will get better! Again, I'm so sorry!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Formula. Strictly soy due to a genetic disorder called galactosemia he can never have milk! Completely different then lactose intolerant, a lot of people get the two confused lol.

Quoting januaryqueen: Breast feeding or formula?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:27 PM
I have no real advice so here's a bump and a hug. I hope someone else has some real suggestions.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:28 PM

Get him a vibrating chair and try gas drops.  

2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
You'll be fine. Some other moms might not agree with me but it's ok to put the baby down and walk away for a few minutes if you need to. Put him in his crib and go outside or take a shower or eat a meal. It's not going to damage him to be alone for a little bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:29 PM
I try the swing, the vibrating/rocking bouncy seat, swaddling etc. I try it all! 😭 Also, he's on a strict soy diet. How can I better express my concerns with the doctor without him just pointing directly to colic because, ya know, the doctor is never wrong. 😒😒

Quoting RennerAddict: When you need a break, go outside for a minute & just breathe. Put him in a safe place before you do. Get a vibrating bouncy chair for him to sit in. Also may want to rule out any food allergies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:30 PM
I can definitely do all of those things but I feel with him still being such a little ol newborn that he's way to little for me to ignore his cries.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Can you get outside and go for a walk? A change of scenery? Can you use headphone and listen to music to drown him out? If you are right there, you can still care for him and ensure his safety. Can you sit him down safely and take a three minute break in another room? He will be okay for a few minutes and it's worth it for your sanity. Sorry you are going through this momma!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)