Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fibromyalgia

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Does anyone else suffer from this? I was diagnosed with it earlier this year before i found out my dh and i were expecting.I'm due right around Christmas.I'm in constant pain all day everyday,i'm afraid of taking anything that's prescribed right now.is there anything natural that may help? Thanks in advance.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernwldchld
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:36 PM

I was lucky that my first major flare up didn't happen until after I had my last pregnancy. I'm not medicated right now and what helps me is just taking it easy until I can get back on my meds. Sorry, I don't have much advice, hun. Gentle hugs.

prettymomma1204
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:36 PM
So sorry for your pain. Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM
I don't, here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:03 PM
Thank you *gentle hugs for you as well*

Quoting southernwldchld:

I was lucky that my first major flare up didn't happen until after I had my last pregnancy. I'm not medicated right now and what helps me is just taking it easy until I can get back on my meds. Sorry, I don't have much advice, hun. Gentle hugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Thank you ladies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2016 at 6:43 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2016 at 6:48 AM
Have you tried marijuana?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 14, 2016 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this
If you are due any day you are probably in pain from your bones and ligaments stretching and carrying extra weight....see how you feel after you deliver.
jjames1990
by on Dec. 14, 2016 at 6:53 AM
I have Lupus, so I understand. I'm sorry.
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 7:03 AM
If you were pregnant in 2015 and haven't delivered yet, that's probably the longest pregnancy in history! 😊

If your doctor approves, get to a swimming pool. Being buoyant will help a lot, and you can do gentle stretching. You might get insurance to cover it if you can get to a heated therapy pool and have a script for it. After you're recovered from delivery, try to get access to a hot tub.

Otherwise, heating pads help. Use as many pillows as you need to prop yourself into a comfortable(ish) position. If you're into it, meditation and/or soothing music can help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)