Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My marriage is falling apart

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
All because of my dhs job. It causes him to be gone monday thru Saturday then when hes home all he talks about is work and it doesnt help one of our roommates work for the same company just different crew so when they are home all i hear is about work.

Ive told dh i dont want him talking about work with anyone when hes home but he still does it.

He just texted me saying that he doesnt feel close to me like he use to and asked how to go back to that but theres no going back to what we use to have. Guess we will make it thru the holidays for ds sake but i cant do this anymore all we do ia argue and fight while hes gone then when hes home all he does is hang out with the roommate or sleep.

Just venting no real point just heart broken my birthday is in 10 days and now its ruined. Im so over holidays and this whole year. After this im never celebrating holidays again.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Um, it's not his job that's the problem. #1 is the room mate, #2 is you being dramatic and looking for reasons to be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:13 PM
I would be embarrassed to say I am married with a child and we have a roommate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:16 PM
We dont need the roommate but he was struggling and everything so we have the extra room its not like hes here hes gone just as much as dh is.

We dont even charge him 200 a month and that goes straight to savings we make enough money to pay all of our bills without the help of anyone else.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would be embarrassed to say I am married with a child and we have a roommate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Um no we were doing good ril he took this job and started being gone all the time since he started this job he has been gone more then hes home. He has been gone every week since the start of October.

After his 2nd week gone the aruging and fighting got worse and its not gotten any better. Our marraige was great til this job came along.

Even if the roommate wasnt here he would be talking to anyone over here about work all he does is talk about work.

If i wanted out that easy i woupd of been gone. I dont have to find things to be done with something.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um, it's not his job that's the problem. #1 is the room mate, #2 is you being dramatic and looking for reasons to be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:42 PM
I can't believe you have a roommate . Also why don't you care what happens with his day? I get that you don't want to hear it constantly but you should let him get it out a little if the needs to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Can he find a different job?
shell3m
by Shell on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Do what you have to do I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You're not even trying. Refuse to give up. You have a man that's asking how to fix things and you're wanting to go? Grow the hell up and fix things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:53 PM
We dont have to have him but he was struggling and everything else we charge him 200 and that goes to savings. I talk to dh every night about his day so by the time he comes home im done hearing about because they will literally talk about work from the time they wake up til they go to bed.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I can't believe you have a roommate . Also why don't you care what happens with his day? I get that you don't want to hear it constantly but you should let him get it out a little if the needs to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:57 PM
Ive been trying for months but its not getting better its just getting worse. I keep hoping that their contract in town will open back up so hes home every night but right now it will be spring before it does so they are just gonna keep getting sent out further and further which means instead of being gone one week it will be 2 or more depending on where they go.

Hes not asking how to fix shit he wants to keep sweeping things under the rag. Theres more to our problems then just his job.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

You're not even trying. Refuse to give up. You have a man that's asking how to fix things and you're wanting to go? Grow the hell up and fix things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)