Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some A**hole In A Chevy UPDATE

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:18 PM
  • 84 Replies

UPDATE

Ok I just want to update before I crash. They are going to send the girls home but they want to keep me for observation. The babies are ok but they want me to stay for 24 hours and then be on bed rest at home for at least another 24 to 48 hours until I can see my OB and then go from there. The girls are ok, except for aches and pains and bruises from the seat belts. Thankfully none of us have any broken bones but my shoulder is out of whack. I just hurt everywhere. It has been a very rough night for everyone. I'm going to try and get some sleep as soon as everyone leaves. They're going to stay until they get me in a room. My dad's going to come up and bring us some breakfast in a few minutes. We are all exhausted. Alice is crying because she wants to stay. She's normally my little warrior princess so you know that if she is crying, it's bad. I honestly think she got the worst of it. She's been clingy all night. Also, she's been up for about 24 hours now. I'll update again when I wake up, if I can ever get to sleep.  

OP

Sorry. Make that some DRUNK asshole in a Chevy (not falling down drunk but legally intoxicated) rear ended me a couple hours ago. I met hubby for dinner and then I went to go pick up some stuff from site-to-store at Walmart and this drunk moron behind me decided to run the red light even though I had already stopped. My husband had the two younger kids but I had the older girls, plus the two kids in my belly. The girls (8 and 11) are sore and may have some whiplash. They put us all in a triage room together and they are monitoring me and the babies.

They want us all to go for x-rays (I don't know how they're going to do that safely with me pregnant) and they're about to take me for an ultrasound. I can feel both babies moving so I'm hoping that's a good sign. My husband is taking the kids to my parents and he is on the way up here. We're just waiting...endlessly...while they take their dear sweet time. I guess school and work tomorrow are off. My back and neck are killing me. He hit my van pretty hard but I didn't see the extent of the damage. They arrested the moron. He got out of the car screaming at me and then he cussed out the cop. Dumbass. We really don't need this right now. 

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PISCIS29
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:22 PM
Sending prayers your way
ShannonAKAmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:23 PM
I hope everything turns out okay!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:24 PM

I hope he has good insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:25 PM
As long as you haven't had multiple X-Rays throughout your pregnancy, the risk is pretty minimal, and ruling out fractures is very important. The doctors will only order necessary X-Rays.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:37 PM

I hope so too. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I hope he has good insurance.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Ok. I guess they will put me in a led apron or something. I had an x-ray when I was pregnant with Alice (before I knew) because I was thrown off of a horse. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: As long as you haven't had multiple X-Rays throughout your pregnancy, the risk is pretty minimal, and ruling out fractures is very important. The doctors will only order necessary X-Rays.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. I hope so too. Alice just asked if Santa could find us here if we are still here by Christmas. 

Quoting ShannonAKAmom: I hope everything turns out okay!

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Glad to read that you all so survived. I'm sorry. We got rear ended last year and my shoulder, neck, and back still give me problems sometimes. The worst thing was dealing with the insurance companies.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM

Thank you!

Quoting PISCIS29: Sending prayers your way

annetteltaylo
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Sorry this happened, hoping youre all okay!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)