Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so glad that I am me and I am not embarrassed by who I am.

For 30 years I have kept who I am silent. I have tried to change for many people, but never was able to change, and I felt horrible for it. I felt like something was wrong with me. Maybe I had mental issues, or maybe I was just crazy, or insane.

No. None of that.

For the first time in 30 years, I am PROUD to say this about myself. And I am NOT embarrassed by it, nor do I think myself crazy or insane.

I am a lesbian.

I just came out to some family members today. A few of them have disowned me, which I expected, to be honest. They are the ones I tried to change for. The rest of them weren't shocked at all, just laughed, said okay, about time you said something, and we went on with our conversations.

I feel so much better! I know it sounds silly, and probably childish, but I feel like a boulder has been lifted from me! For the first time in a LONG time, I feel free to be ME. I don't have to change, or conform to something that someone else wants me to be.

I AM ME AND I AM PROUD!!!
by on Jan. 8, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Replies (91-96):
veggiemom474
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:26 PM

Good for you!  It sucks you didn't do this sooner though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:40 PM

It is an occupational hazard..sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 15: I didn't say it wasn't hard. I simply asked a question. Please with the psycho analyzing everything that's said. I'm just simply talking. Anything else is on you.
Quoting Anonymous 17:

Great that you see this as so mundane and commonplace, a non event. You have to understand that not eveyrone has a family and friends who will be this accepting so it is a really big deal for them and the least we can do is understand that this is a journey and an often painful one for many, courage and single minded determination is required .

Quoting Anonymous 15: Ok. So what is on your agenda for today? Anything fun or just working or something? The weather is horrible here. Rain all day.

KoiKamsahamnida
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2017 at 2:03 AM

Congrats on coming out! I hope a day comes where no one needs to come out and one can just be. I didnt need to come out as straight... so why do GLBT people need to do it! One day... I hope you all can just be accepted! I hope you continue to be accepted and those that don't accept you? Fuck em. Fuck those losers!

Congrats hun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jan. 12, 2017 at 2:24 AM
Who cares. If you like to scissor in the bedroom than that's your business. It doesn't change you as a person at all.

I am proud to be fuck dicks. So proud of myself. *yes its sarcasm
Nikolita
by Member on Jan. 12, 2017 at 2:54 PM

I'm very happy for you! :D

squeekers
by Squeekers on Jan. 12, 2017 at 4:31 PM

I'm sorry that some of your family doesn't understand you are still you. Congrats on going forward with your head up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN