Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meryl Streep tonight

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2017 at 10:23 PM
  • 292 Replies
13 moms liked this
Love her! She just received the Cecil B Damil award (or something like that) on the Golden Globes. Probably the most gifted actress ever...and she spoke out against the horrible policies we might be faced with once Trump is sworn in, pointing out how many celebs are in fact immigrants, the possible threat to journalism/Free speech under the new administration, etc. Bravo!
by on Jan. 8, 2017 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2017 at 10:24 PM
20 moms liked this
Yeah, I don't care about the opinions of the rich Hollywood actors when it comes to politicians. I turned the channel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:38 PM
6 moms liked this
If she doesn't like it, she and the others can leave the country.

Buh bye!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:40 PM
19 moms liked this
No, she barked a bunch of crap.

He never said immigrants. He said illegal immigrants.

It's already been proven that he was not mocking a disabled reporter.

She mocked football players and MMA fighters.

We are all dumber for having listened to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:40 PM
13 moms liked this

Is that all you Trumpsters can come up with? We should leave the country because a POS is president?   This country would actually be a much better place w/out  the far right..

Quoting Anonymous 2: If she doesn't like it, she and the others can leave the country. Buh bye!!!

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:41 PM
8 moms liked this

I love Meryl Streep and her speech made me tear up. Never in my life would I have imagined that I'd cry watching the fucking Golden Globes, but there, she knocked it out of the park. In that one speech, she's shown more empathy and integrity than Donald Trump has in his entire orange existence. She is such a class act.

iwicked
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:42 PM
3 moms liked this
She knocked it out of the park!
Danger.Rogue
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:42 PM
18 moms liked this
Responses like this make me laugh. Isn't America supposed to be built on freedom, including freedom of speech, yet you want someone to leave the country because you don't agree with what they say?
Some freedom!

Quoting Anonymous 2: If she doesn't like it, she and the others can leave the country.

Buh bye!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this
She should pack up and leave this country along with the others that said they were going to. The voters made their choice clear by an overwhelming margin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:43 PM
9 moms liked this
Nothing is more against what America is, what it stands for, and everything it's supposed to be than the idea that if you don't agree with someone then they don't belong here.

You're incredibly un-American.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If she doesn't like it, she and the others can leave the country.

Buh bye!!!
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:43 PM
32 moms liked this

Hate to break it to you, but I hear there's this rich Hollywood reality star about to be sworn into the highest office in the land. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, I don't care about the opinions of the rich Hollywood actors when it comes to politicians. I turned the channel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN