Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love her! She just received the Cecil B Damil award (or something like that) on the Golden Globes. Probably the most gifted actress ever...and she spoke out against the horrible policies we might be faced with once Trump is sworn in, pointing out how many celebs are in fact immigrants, the possible threat to journalism/Free speech under the new administration, etc. Bravo!
by on Jan. 8, 2017 at 10:23 PM
Replies (291-294):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this

No, unfortunately everyone who voted for that vile excuse for a human are lobotomized idiots.

Quoting Anonymous 68: Yes Hillary won the popular by more than 3 MILLION votes, but "Trump won with overwhelming margins" 😂😂😂 omg Anon 5, do you follow the news? Can you even read?! LOLOLOLOLOL
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Pffft.  Hillary won the popular vote.  

Quoting Anonymous 5: She should pack up and leave this country along with the others that said they were going to. The voters made their choice clear by an overwhelming margin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Jan. 12, 2017 at 1:10 PM

Jeez Louise. Cities (aka villages, towns, etc.) have always existed even back in 1776. Nothing like what we have today, but we had the distinction even then between town and country, so that is a non-sensical statement. So, you're just going to hold on to your dogma and close you mind to any offer of change unless it is the one that you want. And, you wander why people voted for Trump. With that kind of attitude, nothing will ever get accomplished. And, for the record, I am an independent centrist but you didn't bother to ask, you just assumed. Prejudiced much?

Quoting Anonymous 6: Your olive branch is based on false information and a republican narrative that the electoral college merely needs to be modified and was created because of big cities (which didn't even exist when it was created), So no... I guess for me an olive branch is something that's extended onactual information and not a right leaning presumption.
Quoting Anonymous 67:

So, instead of fully reading my post and accepting the offered olive branch to work towards a viable solution, you are still grousing about not having a voice. You did have a voice, you spoke your voice, your voice just wasn't the loudest. Accept it and move on. Where is it written that you will always get what you want? You voted. You took part in the process. You lost. Accept it. Stop blaming and start becoming part of the solution. I know why it was created. I saw exactly how it protected the majority of the people's voice and prevented an election from being decided by one state--Trump had it all--popular vote and ec vote--until California. My eyes were opened then. It worked exactly how it was supposed to work. Is there room for improvement, maybe. Who knows. But bitching about it isn't going to change anything. SMH

Have a great night. 

Quoting Popseeko: Uh, it was created because in 1776 information was extremely slow to travel and it was impossible for the general public to make an informed vote. Also the electoral college as it originally was created helped protect slavery. You have no idea why it was created and it's continued use is archaic and renders millions of voices as worthless. My voice was not heard because I'm in a winner takes all State and there wasn't enough money in this world to get me to cast a vote for Trump. Therefore my vote for president was garbage.
Quoting Anonymous 67:

While I am thankful for the current setup, I do agree it's not perfect but I finally saw why it was created the way it was. The problem is with the mentality "my vote doesn't count so I'm not going to vote." If EVERYONE eligible actually registered and voted, then maybe we'd see better results. Not enough people are voting, in my opinion. Every vote should count and I disagree with states giving all EC votes to the winner (winner takes all). That I don't agree with. I think it should be split by the percentage of the popular votes. Then everyone's voice is heard and we still have the protection afforded by the EC. Just one possible solution that doesn't tear everything down. So, how do we do that? Do the citizens of each state petition their state legislatures? I don't see it all being done before the next election, but it is possible after that surely? 

Also, one more thing. You voted. Your voice was heard; however, we are a majority wins country. You still took part in the process. Don't ever stop voting.

Quoting Popseeko: As a liberal living in a midwestern state, I'm fucking tired of my vote counting for nothing and for every person who didn't vote in a large city you've got a liberal not voting in the Midwest because it means NOTHING. The current system is bullshit.
Quoting Anonymous 67:

Yes, he was. The popular vote, as it stands now, is used only to determine which candidate gets the EC vote for when the states cast their votes a month later. Because of the way it's set up, a lot of people did not vote because they knew that the large cities in their states (CA, NY for example) would negate their voice.

Look at the map folks. The colors don't lie. I am so thankful for the current voting system that we have because it means that CA and NY did not negate the voice of the people. It's done. It's over. Trump WAS elected by the voters.

Enough already! Is this what we have to look forward to now with each and every election going forward? Sour grapes from the losers? Jeez. From my own limited life experience, this is what the election "cycle" looks like: (I was born in 1969 during Nixon)

Kennedy/Johnson (D)

Nixon/Ford (R) 

Carter (D) 4 years

Reagan (R) 8 years

Bush Sr. (R) 4 years  

Clinton (D) 8 years

Bush Jr (R) 8 years

Obama (D) 8 years

Trum (R) - - God only knows. 

Do you see a pattern here people? It's like a pendulum swinging back and forth. Even President Obama himself said that, as Americans, we zig and zag, as we move forward. It's all part of the pattern that makes our country great. No one ideology gets a free pass. 

Quoting Popseeko: They did, Trump lost the popular vote by a few million. Trump was not elected by the voters.
Quoting Anonymous 5: She should pack up and leave this country along with the others that said they were going to. The voters made their choice clear by an overwhelming margin.

Cordoba9632147
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:13 PM
I've been calling him Cheetoh ever since.

Quoting momwriter: Right? Lol

Quoting Cordoba9632147: Hahahahaha!

Quoting Anonymous 7:

They sure did! Three million more people voted for Hillary Clinton than Donald, giving her the second most votes of any presidential candidate in history (Obama is #1). Unfortunately due to an archaic, inefficient system that gives significantly more weight to the votes of populations who are statistcally less informed, less educated, less diverse, and less intelligent, we ended up with a foul mouthed, unqualified Cheeto with a bad rug anyway :(

Ms_mom_81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:15 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, I don't care about the opinions of the rich Hollywood actors when it comes to politicians. I turned the channel.

Well, a reality TV star is your president......so..........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN