Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That Pissed Over fries?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

Ok so I work at McDonald's yep I posted about moving soon and if should give notice.

Today was a decent day but at around 2 a lady came inand ordered a small fries and a large drink. Drive through was busy, front counter just had a couple people. She went to get her drink and b=never came back up until about 20 minutes later she asked for her $1.09 back since we couldn't see fit to bring her out sone small fries.Ok first off lady this is McDonald's not Applebees, Denny's or any other sit-down restaurant. I will take food to parents who have thier hands full with kids or disabled customers. This was a perfectly able woman whose only disability was the stick up her butt.

Anyway I didn't say this I simply explained that I was sorry and that someone must have mistakenly thought it had been served and taken it off the screen. I also told her, she wanted to wait, we had jst dropped some fries and I could upsize her a fresh medium fries to make up for the time she had waited. She said ok and i told her the fries have about 2 minutes left. She shoves the reciept at me and says, "Keep the dollar." And as she is storming out She says loudly, "Put it in your pocket as tip, you think you deserve one? NO!"

No real point to this just venting

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 4:00 AM
All the McDonald's around here now serve the customers tableside. I was under the impression that was part of the company's overhaul
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 4:00 AM
I'm a bear too when I'm hungry lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 4:02 AM

I do not miss working in fast food. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I once cried over French fries at McDonalds. I was huge pregnant, all up front so my belly stuck out a lot. I went to sit down and my belly knocked my fries off the table, onto the floor. I cried. Not sure if it was because I was really hungry or the embarrassment of making a mess. But still, fries are no reason to yell at people. Then again some people are so serious about McDonald's fries they've called 911 when they feel cheated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 4:23 AM

I get it. I work at McD's too. We don't serve customers at their tables but we call out order numbers very loudly, even when it's slow. My store is right off the highway so it's rarely slow but when it is we make the effort to serve our customers as best we can including sometimes bringing their food to them if they don't hear us call out their number. We usually will walk into lobby and ask if front counter is slow, and not needed for anything else.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 7:16 AM
Me either.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I do not miss working in fast food. 

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 7:22 AM
She was Hangry. I do not miss working with food. Not at all.
Nice_Dragon
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 7:27 AM
My mom is a nightmare for food workers. She would of done the same, on purpose but would've never left without that dollar!

I hate shitty customers especially when they are shitty to sensitive people and it messes up the workers day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 7:31 AM
Ours is so slow. They always say pull forward and youre sitting while they serve other customers and wait for them to run it out. I stopped going.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 7:33 AM

Crazy lady.  You handled it better than I would have.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN