Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She refused to give him a ride to school.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This morning it was freezing and windy outside. We live 1/2 a mile from school and all the kids in our apartment complex walk to school (or their parents can drop them off). We are a one car family and DH has the car at work today.

I know my neighbor drives her kids to school on days where the weather sucks. So I went next door and asked if she wouldn't mind give my son who is 9 a ride to school. (I have also seen her give other kids in the complex a ride too if their parents asked)

She told me, there was no way she was giving my kid a ride to school, and that she couldn't believe I even asked and closed the door on me. So my son had to walk to school.

When she got  back I asked her why she was being like that. Well  at the beginning of the school year (when her kids started going to the local school) My son was teasing her son at recess and calling him "white boy" She went to the school and my son was talked to about bullying and he lost a week of recess and was grounded at home. It was over and done with and he never did it again.

Well I guess last week when all the kids were waling home from school, her youngest had spilled chocolate milk all over her jacket, and my son was teasing her calling her disgusting on the walk home. (I didn't know about this and I will talk to him after school)

So just because he was teasing her kids a little, she wouldn't give him a ride and made him walk to school in the freezing windy weather ...... What a petty bitch.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Replies (351-356):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 119 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM
I read it as, you thought the name calling and poor thinking from your child to her child was corrected and done, and didn't know about the most recent incident, so you thought things were good. Obviously your child needs more than behavioral correction since he seems to think this is ok to do (so he needs his thinking corrected), and your neighbor needs to let you know when your kid is being a j.a. It's not that hard. I have plenty of people who will be happy to inform me if my kids are being jerks. And I don't get crappy with them for telling me.
KatGirl214
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:26 PM

No, I would say that she is teaching your son to treat them with respect or not to expect anything from them.  She did not owe him a ride.  He is 9 years old, and he can treat them right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 120 on Jan. 14, 2017 at 6:29 AM

Sounds like your kid is a bully and got a little taste of his own medicine. 

dnoel18
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:16 AM
Sorry but I wouldn't drive my child's bully to school either! This is what happens when he does not behave!
gospel_7
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 3:32 PM

I feel for you.  I would not want my young son if I had one to walk in the cold to school.

But your children have to learn not to tease other kids.  Let your son know that if he teases other kid, he has to pay for his chooses.  Let him grow up and don't bale him out.

knights98
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Flipping spell check... Next time I'll have to check what I "type" before I post.

Quoting Anonymous 97: Lol!!! It's "you reap what you sow".

Quoting knights98: You weep what you sew! Maybe next time your son will think twice before opening up his mouth to pick on people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN