Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it that anyone questioning Trump is automatically.....

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:21 PM
  • 210 Replies
48 moms liked this

some snivelling, out of touch liberal snowflake with hurt feelings because Hillary lost?

There's a whole lot of folks who didn't suport Hillary who aren't fans of Trump and a bunch of former Trump supportrers who are now concerned. Furthermore, someone's support of HIllary doesn't make their concern any less tangible or valid. Dismissing another view point based on your own doesn't make Trump any better, nor does it make you sound any more intelligent. 

Can we not be rightfully concerned citizens (regardless of who we supported) of a county whose greatness is being eclipsed by xenophobia, ignorance, fear mongering and a poorly disguised coup of special interests, big business and billionaires?

Are others not concerned about Trump's lack of knowledge and experience in government, not to mention his un-hinged twitter rants about anyone who disagrees with him??

I keep hearing supporters railing about being respectful of the US President but I see no sign that the man is acting in any way befitting the office himself. Nor do I recall any of those folks being respectful to Obama.

In spite of everything thrown at Obama, he handled it with grace and eloquence, you don't have to like him but if you have an unreasonable hatred toward Obama and you can't quite put your finger on why, I think you should consider the possibility that you're either a racist or you prefer being told what to think to actually accessing information and thinking for yourself.

The truth is, he wasn't a bad president, he got more accomplished than Bush and managed to pull us out of a pretty tough recession, not to mention, unemployement is an an all time low. He made more funds available to the VA, helped with student debt relief, invested in our failing infrastructure, he got the ACA passed, which, like it or not has helped milions afford healthcare. Yes, we're in debt but I'm afraid that has more to do with his predecessors than Mr. Obama's decisions. 

No matter who holds office, the likelihood of agreeing with everything done during an incumbent's tenure is about nil so it's counter-intuitive to think Trump will solve all of the problems we have or even those he has imagined for us. 

Some half-assed wall is not going to stop illegal entrance into the US; Trump will not arrest Hillary Clinton; he is not draining the swamp, he is re-populating it, he will raise taxes, probably to pay for the wall, the ACA cannot be dismantled and re-configured in one week and most of its failings are directly related to parts that were gutted by conservatives to get through congress; the rest of the world does not, in fact have to be ok with anything we do; and perhaps most importantly, there is a system of checks and balances Mr. Trump, I think you will find that the US president has less personal power than the CEO of Trump enterprises.

by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:26 PM
13 moms liked this

I agree.  Hillary was in no way my first choice and if the Republicans had put up a viable candidate, I would have likely voted for him/her over Clinton.

I hope I'm wrong and he's the best President ever.  I will happily eat crow.  I'm not holding my breath though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:31 PM
25 moms liked this
I'm a conservative Republican who did not vote for Trump. I was told I'm a liberal crybaby when I expressed my fears about Trump.

His supporters are attempting gaslighting on a very large scale. It's frightening.
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM
27 moms liked this
I don't dislike Trump because Hillary lost. I dislike him because of his actions, I hope he succeeds he's going to be our president and I will have to live with whatever choices he makes. So yeah, I want him to succeed, but on a personal level he disgusts me.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM
I agree 100%.

Quoting luckysevenwow: I don't dislike Trump because Hillary lost. I dislike him because of his actions, I hope he succeeds he's going to be our president and I will have to live with whatever choices he makes. So yeah, I want him to succeed, but on a personal level he disgusts me.
-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:36 PM
9 moms liked this

I completely agree, but it's just another way to devalue and dismiss the very real concerns that MANY people have. The reality is, the American people did NOT want Trump in office, and you are very right, several who did now have serious doubts. 

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM
14 moms liked this
I don't want him to fail...because I love my country.

BUT...He's acting like an idiot, and I sincerely hope he gets his shit together. So far it's not looking promising. If he would release his tax returns and actually be reasonable and act halfway sane I would feel much more confident about the future. And stay the hell off of Twitter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM

Quoting -Phoebe-:

I completely agree, but it's just another way to devalue and dismiss the very real concerns that MANY people have. The reality is, the American people did NOT want Trump in office, and you are very right, several who did now have serious doubts. 

-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lwalker270:

I agree.  Hillary was in no way my first choice and if the Republicans had put up a viable candidate, I would have likely voted for him/her over Clinton.

I hope I'm wrong and he's the best President ever.  I will happily eat crow.  I'm not holding my breath though.

I feel the same way. If he surprises us all and is a wonderful president, I will so gladly step up and say I was wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:41 PM
16 moms liked this

I suspect it's because people who blindly support him are incredibly defensive. They aren't the educated, rational, intelligent ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:42 PM
8 moms liked this

I said the same thing after he was elected. Watching him choose his advisors and cabinet, though, I'm losing hope. I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to give him the benefit on the doubt here...

Quoting lwalker270:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN