Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dd7's teacher clearly dislikes her :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
Dd7 is in the second grade. She is an exceptionally smart child. She learned to read and write when she was 4 and it came naturally to her. She is strong in math as well. And every other subject. She is given grade 3 and 4 work to keep her challenged in class.

Dd is also extremely hyper sensitive. She has texture issues (oral and physical). She is sensitive to light and sound as well. She gets bored easily, finishes her work, and socializes too much. All classic traits of a gifted kiddo.

At parents night, her teacher was fairly cold and somewhat rude during our time slot. He was upset that dd was reading typical grade 2 novel books. He told her she should be reading the grade 5 novels with smaller words. We agreed with him and DH asked him where in the classroom she would have access to harder books. The teacher said they cannot keep challenging books in the classroom for her because it will discourage her classmates. DH and the teacher debated the logistics of this and we left shortly after.

Time has passed since then. Today I got a call that dd was in the nurses office complaining she had a headache. I asked the receptionist if she felt dd was sick (look off, feel warm, etc) and she said she was warm and flushed. I went to pick her up and was directed to go to her classroom to speak with her teacher.

We head over there and the teacher met with me in an empty classroom. In a frustrated tone, he flat out said "dd is lying. She is not sick." I told him I came because receptionist said she possibly is. He countered "well, she's not. And now you're going to just take her home and reward her for lying?" I sort of lost my cool and replied "first of all, don't call dd a liar. Maybe she is. If that's the case, there must be a reason she feels she needs to come home. Regardless, I'm not going to call my kid a liar before I get the facts straight. Secondly, IF dd is lying, she will not be rewarded for it. If she's home and well, she will be working around the house during school hours. Sick or well, she will have no electronics because in both cases, video games aren't healthy choices". He then said that my dd is too sensitive and I need to work on that at home. I agreed that she is hyper sensitive and has sensory processing challenges that we are working through (which he already knows; I told him at meet the teachers during a meeting and again at parent teacher.

Every day, when I pick the kids up and see this teacher in the halls, I say hello or good afternoon and he walks faster. He does not acknowledge me at all. He seems to loathe my dd and everything she does. Ugh. This year cannot end fast enough :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Ffs. I can only imagine what a pita you are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:35 PM
Really? How so? Please explain.

Do you suggest I call my dd a liar, and make her stay at school while sick? Because I got her home, took her temp, and she IS running a fever and is sleeping right now. You're right though. I am a major pita for not agreeing with her teacher and leaving her at school. Right?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ffs. I can only imagine what a pita you are.
mjande4
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:37 PM
3 moms liked this

None of this sounds real.  Nice story though. FTR you and your daughter sound like pieces of work.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM

you both sound pretty high maintenance

fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok what's a pita? I read that n think of food
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:40 PM
Sure this happened.......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:41 PM
I don't have enough time. Nor do I care enough. Trust. He already has told all the other teachers how annoying you are. I would suggest homeschooling.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really? How so? Please explain.

Do you suggest I call my dd a liar, and make her stay at school while sick? Because I got her home, took her temp, and she IS running a fever and is sleeping right now. You're right though. I am a major pita for not agreeing with her teacher and leaving her at school. Right?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ffs. I can only imagine what a pita you are.
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:41 PM
Why would you attack a 7 year old like that? Feel big now?

Quoting mjande4:

None of this sounds real.  Nice story though. FTR you and your daughter sound like pieces of work.

meghs82285
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:42 PM
Pain in the ass... me too though, I'm so hungry hahaha

Quoting fairymaid23: Ok what's a pita? I read that n think of food
.gravy.
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:43 PM
I don't believe this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)