Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you refuse to give your kids chores? Why?

Posted by   + Show Post

If your kids DON'T have chores, why?   Are they too busy with school or activities? Do you just prefer to do things yourself or have they proven that they'll do them incorrectly or insufficiently?

washing dishes

by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Replies (31-35):
yvonne37
by Member on Jan. 11, 2017 at 9:39 PM

they have certain things they do, like clean up their rooms and take care of the garbage, but the rest i do it because i like to do them myself. It just dosent feel that is done right if i dont do them lol

mikesmom65270
by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 10:02 PM

Mine are all adults now, but when still at home were expected to do chores. Mosty the chores were cleaning their rooms. feeding the pets, cleaning the litter box, take out the trash, other duties as assigned.They would also help with meal prep too when old enough. Basic household chores need to be learned by everyone, these are skills they will need later on their own.

sanj1213
by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 10:11 PM
My oldest is 5 and he's pretty good about doing his.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 11, 2017 at 10:14 PM

My kids do not do chores, well not often. They have had them in the past and it was more time spent complaining and not doing so I just said "fuck it" and pretty much do everything myself.

Devilish_One
by on Jan. 11, 2017 at 10:20 PM
I do chores with my child. He's only 3 but I'm teaching him. One is, he has to pick up his toys when finished, put his dishes in the sink when finished, he loves to help put laundry in the dryer, so I let him help.
I believe children should have chores. Not because we as parents don't want to do them ourselves, but it teaches them to respect things and it helps them to grow so one day they can MOVE OUT!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)