Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cousin's wife goes crazy over games

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
My cousin and his wife just moved to town. It's a small southern beach town and CIL is from a bigger city up north. She's a little different but we are making an effort to make her feel welcome in the community.

So we've been inviting her and my cousin to our monthly supper club. At these gatherings there are about 30 people(that's including husbands, wives, and kids). We usually just eat dinner, hang out then play a game or have some sort of contest. Usually 1 person plans a group game or event for everyone.

It's all in good fun. Whoever wants to play can, if we start to lose interest it's not a big deal to just move on to something else, etc. we all try to go with the flow.

But CIL is a little crazy when it comes to games. She forces her family to participate and starts snapping and calling people out if they didn't volunteer to play her game.

She's crazy about the rules and tries to get everyone back in order if someone starts being silly or straying away from the rules.

Would it be out of line for me to ask my cousin to speak with her about calming down?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:43 AM
Kick her out of the club
ranchmama21
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:51 AM
If she is not adjusting well to the culture of these gatherings, yes, talk to her that it is okay for things to not be politically correct or perfectly done. That is the whole point of the parties and games to be relax, free flowing and carefree. Just keep reminding her.

If she is competitive and have a leadership type personality, that can be harder to adjustment to a different atmosphere than she is used to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)