Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i should just send a chocolate bar today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Yesterday was the school bake sale , I sent my DD with 50 cents to get an item and a juice box for snack time nothing else.

DD comes home and starts telling me the teacher said they have to eat something healthy before they are allowed to eat their snack from bake sale. They gave her some goldfish crackers to eat before her cookie and send the half eaten cookie home with her because she was too full to finish it.

I understand not to send crap to school but this is a once a month thing the school puts on for the kids! DD is in kinder.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmfarm
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM

Silly, goldfish aren't really all that healthy either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:27 AM
I know.

Quoting cmfarm:

Silly, goldfish aren't really all that healthy either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:29 AM
Goldfish are sooooo much healthier. ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol goldfish are healthy? I would tell the teacher to stop trying to parent my kids eating habits- its not their place.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:34 AM
I would be irritated.
Nice_Dragon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:37 AM

I would still send a healthy snack on bake sale day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:40 AM
I'm actually going to write a note for DD to give it to her teacher today "thanking" her for parenting my kid and if she has any issues to email me or talk to me herself not have DD pass along a message.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lol goldfish are healthy? I would tell the teacher to stop trying to parent my kids eating habits- its not their place.
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:43 AM
Not all kids have parents that feed them or care what they eat. Granted goldfish aren't aren't any healthier than a cookie, at least your child's teacher cares.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:01 AM
I would tell the teacher that I Was the parent not her and if I had wanted my child to eat a healthy snack beforehand I would send it. The teacher was out of line.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:09 AM

I wouldn't have minded except that goldfish are no healthier.  I am actually shocked your school still allows junk at all.  We are a no junk school so a bake sale would never be allowed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)