Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you care about these grades.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

What if your child goes to religious school. He gets As (one B+) on "regular" studies, but Cs,Ds, and even an F on religion studies. Would you punish him, be mad, or wouldn't care, as long as his "regular" studies are excellent?

PS we are not super religious family and care very much about education. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
superbutt
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:22 AM
i feel that no matter how dumb the class is, effort needs to be made.
TheAnnieMac
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:22 AM
I would take him out of the religious school ...
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM
Yes, I would care because it could tarnish his record. I'd tell him he's capable of more. He doesn't have to believe any of it to succeed in the class;just take it from a cultural anthropological standpoint.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM
I would not be okay with my child failing any class, period. I don't expect only A's, but she would be expected to put effort into each and every class.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM

Yes, I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM
An F is unacceptable, regardless of the subject in this house. That would mean he's not even trying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM
It sounds like my son. He's an a or b student, except for his bible studies. As long as he keeps it at a c average or higher, he doesn't hear from me. Failing, however, would not be ok.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM

I'd wonder why his grades were so bad in the religious studies and wonder if a religious school is right for him/her.

Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:24 AM
I would still care because I assume it drops their GPA. At least, those type classes always did at my school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:25 AM
I'm an atheist and I would care. They go to that school, they have to make the grades regardless of the subject. Hell, I went to a religious college and got As in the mandatory religious classes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)