Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I am technically on "Obamacare" and..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I have this insurance that I only have to pay 60/month for from the government. I went through a divorce and decided to go back to school while working part time so I got on this insurance. Will I be losing it now or what's the deal? I NEED a certain medication every month that I would not be able to afford without insurance. I'm pretty worried.

Oh, and my mother is disabled and is on Medicaid. Will she be losing insurance, too? I'm really worried about her because she could die without health coverage. That scares me a lot.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
You're not technically on Obamacare you're either on it or you're not. As for your mother and her Medicaid If she was eligible for it before Obamacare she should be eligible for after
crochetnewb
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:57 AM
The Medicaid I wouldn't worry about. Have you looked at the medications official website? Sometimes they will have ways to help people afford their medication, just in case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM
Too soon to tell. They say they will be replacing it with something else but they aren't forthcoming with the details.
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:00 AM
I'm sorry but you're probably going to lose coverage. They have no plan to b replace it with anything yet.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:01 AM

You "could" both be screwed if the ACA is repealed.

You could lose your low cost coverage if it's through the exchange.

Your mother could lose her medicaid status if she is in one of the states with expanded medicaid coverage, and she has income above the federal level.

Here's hoping it doesn't get repealed for you and many others.

PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Do you have medicaid or did you go through the marketplace? 

mrsary
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:02 AM
She says she's on Obamacare. Why don't you think she really is?

Quoting Anonymous 2: You're not technically on Obamacare you're either on it or you're not. As for your mother and her Medicaid If she was eligible for it before Obamacare she should be eligible for after
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:02 AM
Well I think it's Obamacare but idk. It's called the "healthy Indiana plan".

Quoting Anonymous 2: You're not technically on Obamacare you're either on it or you're not. As for your mother and her Medicaid If she was eligible for it before Obamacare she should be eligible for after
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:03 AM
Our state has something called the "healthy Indiana plan"

Quoting PrettyWings29:

Do you have medicaid or did you go through the marketplace? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)