Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh thinks I'm being rude.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
So, every morning when school is in session, I take sd, dd, ds and sd friend who walks a block to get a ride from me. I told her when I started giving her rides that if sd doesn't go to school or she spent the night somewhere that I'm not going to the high school. She agreed to this and last night dh said that sd isn't going to be home so I didn't have to take sd to school, I asked him if sd got a hold of her friend and he said no why? I said because if I don't have to go to the high school then her friend will walk or I'll drop her off at the elementary school. He says that I should be welling to take her to school no matter what, I told him ice storm is coming and I want to beat the storm to go to work. He says I'm being rude. How am I rude when she knew the rule?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Why not call the night before and say hey we cant give you a ride to HS tomorrow but  We can drop you off at the elementary school which do you prefer ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:53 AM
You'd rather she walk to school in an ice storm than drive her? I am more protective of children than that so I would drive her in this situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I side more with your DH. If you've been giving stability to a teenager, it's best to continue doing so. It's not like it would hurt you to be kind, even when you have to go out of your way.

That said, the girl wouldn't be walking to my home unless she was trying to hang out before school. Otherwise, I would just pick her up on my way out.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

why would you go out of your way to give some other kid a ride?if dh thinks its so 'rude',tell him to get his happy ass out there and give her a ride..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:55 AM

It's not rude IMO. High schoolers should be able to drive themselves or find their own transportation. I don't think an adult drove me to school once. All my friends had cars. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:57 AM
Where are you? The ice storm is suppose to hit here too. All of the schools have already canceled.
Northern.Maple
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:58 AM

I would still do it and so would dh, storm or no storm coming. I would also call the night before if I knew she wasn't going to be at school. Shit happens but I would make sure the other child knew or be prepared to drive her anyways.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Am I the only one questioning where the other kid's parents are?  Isn't it THEIR responsibility to get their kid to school?

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM

how much further out of you way are we talking? a mile? two?

Catherinesmom12
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Yeah rude is putting it lightly.

Drive the kid every day or no days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)