Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be okay if your kid turned out like you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

This could be positive and negative.

They can be very positive and a supportive person like you or someone with very quick temper and throws frequent tantrums. For me, there's things I wouldn't wish upon my kids that I do and am but I hope they can turn out as funny as me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Yes I would be thrilled and they pretty much have. My children are grown. They are morally sound, compassionate, intelligent people that live their life with integrity. They give back, are kind, humble and people anyone would be proud to claim.

Yes they have faults. We all do. Their goodness outweighs their faults. I think my children are smarter about some things than I am/was at their age. I like to think that DH and I helped through example and teaching them how to be smarter about money, relationships and life in general.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:52 AM
I'm a pretty kick ass person so I would love if they did.
Catherinesmom12
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:52 AM
My personality? Yes!

My life? 30 and a stay at home mom not using my degree? No Id be sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Yes.

I am kind, loving, charitable, smart, and strong. I am artistic, creative, funny, and educated. I have the patience of three saints and the self-assurance of any A-list celebrity (as you can see lol) I make healthy choices and form healthy long-lasting relationships. I have wonderful friends and a loving family.

There's worse people to be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:55 AM
Yes I would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Personality yes.

Career wise no.
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Id be happier if he grew up to be like his dad.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM

Career-wise I would be thrilled. There are a few traits I desperately hope they don't inherit.

My pessimism and natural tendency to think the worst of people
My extreeeeeeeeme introversion (although I have no social anxiety)
I wear my emotions on my sleeve
I tend to give up a little too easily if something challenges me
My impatience

disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:00 PM
In general yes. I'm married to a great man, have awesome kids, a good career, a house in a nice area, great friends, am compassionate and relatively intelligent (just don't ask me any high level math questions). I can be very sarcastic which isn't always the best thing and can be too trusting.
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Yep, i have one.  Youngest is like me, oldest is more like his dad with some of my personality mixed in to minimize the worst of him.

Overall, they're good guys.  But my oldest has a bad habit of doing/saying the stupidest stuff!  It's like his brain turns off and/or his mental filter is on the fritz all. the. time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)