Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some of the weirdest foods your kids eat??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

A lot of people think my kids are weird lol.. they are pretty shocked to see them eat the things they do. They eat a lot of really out there foods. I never expected them to like them but they beg for them daily. 

My 3 year old begs me for tofu daily, along with "pickles" ( aka raw sauerkraut), a spoonful of molasses (it's packed full of calcium, he can't have any dairy), he says it tastes like chocolate which I totally don't agree with LOL. He's also obsessed with chia seeds, I have to put them on his PB toast everyday. He loves creamy avocado pasta, it's a huge staple in our house. He's also insanely obsessed with olives.

Both of them ask for cooked broccoli everyday, they eat a whole plateful of it. Same with Brussels sprouts, which I think are vastly underrated! They also both love sushi rolls filled with rice, avocado and sesame seeds.

My 8 year old is obsessed with salads lol.. and soup. She loves eating raw baby spinach and romaine by themselves, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower by the bowl full.

Those are just the weirdest things I can think of off the top of my head.

What out there things do your kids love??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElephantShoez
by GoGoWaffleMaker on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM
DD2 loves black olives and eats broccoli like no tomorrow.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Your kids are freaks, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Quoting ElephantShoez: DD2 loves black olives and eats broccoli like no tomorrow.

Lol I LOVE black olives. I ate them by the can while I was pregnant with my DD, but she absolutely despises them. It's kind of funny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Quoting Lunarprancer: Your kids are freaks, lol.

Lol probably. But they're my freaks hahahha

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Humblebrag.
Anonymousmama3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM
My 7yr old eats mustard sandwiches
My 9yr old eats octopus
My 4yr old eats turtle soup
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Def. not a humblebrag, I think they're weird lol.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Humblebrag.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM

My 9 year old loves sardines, mussels and oysters. She eats most veggies as well, including brussels sprouts.  There really isn't much she doesn't eat. My oldest will literally eat anything. He's like Andrew Zimmerman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Quoting Anonymousmama3: My 7yr old eats mustard sandwiches My 9yr old eats octopus My 4yr old eats turtle soup

Mustard sandwiches?? That's definitely a new one! How are one of those? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM

Quoting SergeantSausage:

My 9 year old loves sardines, mussels and oysters. She eats most veggies as well, including brussels sprouts.  There really isn't much she doesn't eat.

Omg oysters and sardines make me gag!! That's crazy lol.. but that's also really awesome she isn't picky, definitely makes life easier!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)