Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lunchtime fubars

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
A few weeks back, DH was transferred to pair up with a friend of his at work, and DH asked if I wouldn't mind doubling up on the lunches I make him so he could share.

My normal lunch is some variation of a sandwich/wrap, a prepared fresh fruit, a string cheese/yogurt/pudding, and a sweet.

During week 2, said friend starts feeling guilty and says he's going to start bringing lunch for them sometimes too. Most of their coworkers eat fast food for lunch.

So, friend took his first turn...said he went all out. DH was excited until the friend pulled out lunchables, goldfish, and 2 snickers. I couldn't help but giggle. Now, DH is texting me. The friend took another turn, only its apparently even worse. Poor DH is now eating lukewarm, leftover pot roast that has been sitting in the windshield of their rig since 5am. Poor guy is miserable, "Baby, I don't even think this tasted good fresh."

I don't think I'm going to get a break from making their lunches for a while now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Northern.Maple
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM

My dh and his co-workers share also, even their boss brings stuff in and its a big thing in their lunch room. lol 

My dh would starve on that and be very sick, when he eats unhealthy foods and then works it gives him stomach aches and indigestion really bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:45 AM

I would be nervous unless you guys know what their kitchen looks like, lol. That pot roast might be making an explosive exit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM
When DH was a teen he had bleeding ulcers. Over the past 11 years, with the help of proper nutrition, he no longer takes any medication and has no symptoms, though they do apparently still exist.

DH is too polite to say anything, so I'm guessing he's going to come home VERY hungry.

Quoting Northern.Maple:

My dh and his co-workers share also, even their boss brings stuff in and its a big thing in their lunch room. lol 

My dh would starve on that and be very sick, when he eats unhealthy foods and then works it gives him stomach aches and indigestion really bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM
Lol, we've eaten there before, but DH's friend was grilling out every time I can remember. I suppose I know why now! I sure hope he doesn't get sick; were looking forward to him being off tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I would be nervous unless you guys know what their kitchen looks like, lol. That pot roast might be making an explosive exit. 

TheRaz
by Liz on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM
Aww that sucks and has a sweetness to it.

Maybe the coworker can bring drinks instead from now on to do his part. Bottled waters, iced tea, etc....
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't imagine making lunch for my husband like he's a child, much less "doubling up" to feed someone else's husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:56 AM
I know! I really like his friend too. He's probably my favorite of all DH's friends. DH doesn't want to say anything in case his friend can see through him though. I like the drink idea; it's a good out for DH. I told him that I could pretend I didn't know his friend was making lunch and he could "accidently" bring a lunch anyway.

Quoting TheRaz: Aww that sucks and has a sweetness to it.

Maybe the coworker can bring drinks instead from now on to do his part. Bottled waters, iced tea, etc....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't do it like he's a child. I do it like a loving wife who enjoys that her husband likes to show off her cooking.

Quoting SunshneDaydream: I can't imagine making lunch for my husband like he's a child, much less "doubling up" to feed someone else's husband.
PaisleyBirds
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM

Hehehehe, that is kind of funny.

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:59 AM
My husband and his buddy used to share snacks instead of whole lunches. It worked well but neither of them brought anything bad. LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)