Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am fat....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Last week I started exercising more. I have been counting calories and paying attention to my portion sizes.

I am down 4.5lbs!

I am so excited about that.

I have also been doing a couch 2 5k program. Yesterday, I did day 2 and seemed to do okay. Today, I did day 3 and could barely make it half way with the runs. Is that normal for the next day to be harder?

Also, I am pushing a solid 75 lbs worth of kids and stroller plus the dog is with me when I do these runs....I am sure that makes difference too.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM

just keep trucking.....you will have bad days, do not let them get you down.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Don't give up on running. It is normal to have trouble when you first begin if you have never run before... the extra weight is going to make it more difficult as well. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

AnonMomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Yes totally normal. Many people give up the first few days. But you have to push through.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Yes. Every running day will be different depending on many factors. There are days I can push my toddler for 6 miles with no issues while other days I can barely get thru 4 without serious effort. Just keep at it and listen to your body.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you saying 2 and 3 miles?

She did day 2 of the program yesterday and day 3 today... it doesn't go by miles..it goes by minutes. The 2nd day is walk for 5 minutes briskly, alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes... Day 3 is the exact same as day 2. At the end of 9 weeks,you are at 3.1 miles at a time. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM
I am doing the c25k. It's completely normal. I started right after thanksgiving. I have completed up to week 4 day 3. My knee started popping, so I went back to week 3 day 3. Just take it at a slower pace. It's ok to repeat. It's what I've been doing to strengthen my muscles. In another week I will be able to move back to week 4. Allow your body to rest between runs. I was completely out of shape when I started, barely able to make it through week one. Now I'm able to run up to 5 minutes. Just stick with it and you'll be able to do it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Yes it times you.

You can upgrade the app and it will tell you your distance too.

Yesterday I felt like I didn't go very far. Today, I felt like I went 374738198483839 miles.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you saying 2 and 3 miles?

She did day 2 of the program yesterday and day 3 today... it doesn't go by miles..it goes by minutes. The 2nd day is walk for 5 minutes briskly, alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes... Day 3 is the exact same as day 2. At the end of 9 weeks,you are at 3.1 miles at a time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM
I am trying to take it slow. I can definitely see myself needing to repeat weeks.

I have gotten so out of shape.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea: I am doing the c25k. It's completely normal. I started right after thanksgiving. I have completed up to week 4 day 3. My knee started popping, so I went back to week 3 day 3. Just take it at a slower pace. It's ok to repeat. It's what I've been doing to strengthen my muscles. In another week I will be able to move back to week 4. Allow your body to rest between runs. I was completely out of shape when I started, barely able to make it through week one. Now I'm able to run up to 5 minutes. Just stick with it and you'll be able to do it!
g33k
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:08 AM

just keep up the great work. weight loss is a long journey but if done correctly, these life changes will be with you for the long haul

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:11 AM
That's why I am not trying to diet. I am just simply watching portion sizes and drinking more water.

If I want an ice cream cone- I have one. Not a huge one and not everyday.

I am trying to make life changes not just a quick fix.

Quoting g33k:

just keep up the great work. weight loss is a long journey but if done correctly, these life changes will be with you for the long haul

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)