Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I am not driving your kids to school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
So my ex gets our dd who is 9, ever other Wednesday and Thursday from Wednesday after school to Friday morning unless there is no school on Friday then he gets to keep her till Saturday if he wants though he usually doesn't. But during his time he is responsible for getting her to school. He specifically asked for the days because Wednesday and Thursdays are his two days off work.

Anyway he called me this morning at 7:30 saying that his car wouldn't start and his wife was at work already. He was supposed to leave at 7:30 because he lives half an hour away in order to get my daughter to school on time. So by this point I already know my daughter is going to be late for school. Which pisses me off because I already got a letter from last semester about her attendance and if you look at the list almost every single day that she was late was his dad. She was late one day with me but it's because she had a dentist appointment in the morning. I pile my two young non School aged kids into the car (dh was already at work) and I drove the 30 minutes to get her. I pulled up and honked my horn and she comes out with her two step siblings in tow. Now again they live 30 minutes from my daughters school so it's not like they go to the same school. I let my daughter in and ask the other two what they're doing. My ex comes running up behind them saying Oh since my car doesn't work I was hoping you would drive them to school today. It's just about two miles up the road. Well, that really pissed me off because it wasn't really a question it was more like telling me I'm going to do this. And then he proceeded to tell me what the procedure was for dropping them off without me even agreeing. He only has to get her to school on time maybe 35 days a year probably not even. He has
already had her late 5 times this year alone! I wanted to tell him "well I was hoping you could get our daughter to school on time once in awhile". But since my daughter was there I didn't I just said I'm sorry but she's already going to be late for school I'm not going to take another 15 minutes to drop off other people's kids. I also have doctor's appointments for my little children that I was barely going to make as is having to take her to school.

So once my daughter was safely buckled I pulled out of the driveway and drove away. He sent me numerous text messages about what a b**** I am for leaving them there and now he's going to have to walk them to school in 15 degree weather a mile and a half away. Oh well that's a whole lot of not my problem. I'm already having to pick up the slack when it comes to our child and I'll do that because I'm her mother. But I'm not dealing with somebody else's kids.

I really don't know what to do at this point. She can't be late as often as he's had her being late but at the same time what's the alternative? He works weekends so if she goes to his house on the weekends she's not going to spend any time with him. Because he works from 7 a.m. till 7 p.m. . At least even with her going to school she's home by 3 o'clock and they've got all afternoon. I almost feel like going back to court with the school records of her being late in hand and asking that he had every Wednesday from directly after school till 8:30 p.m. and that's it. Maybe the occasional school day off or something but I'm just not sure what to do
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM
You may get some replies if you give a short version.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Yes take records to court. He's being a child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:49 AM

I would do it if I had time (sounds like you didn't have time) because you never know when you will need a favor. However, I would be really annoyed that he just expected rather than ASKING. 

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM
TL;DR her ex delivers DD to school late all the time, it's becoming a problem in writing. If she switches visitation to weekends she won't see her dad since he works 7a-7pm. What to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM
I didn't. If I had time to drive them, dd wouldn't have been late for school.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I would do it if I had time (sounds like you didn't have time) because you never know when you will need a favor. However, I would be really annoyed that he just expected rather than ASKING. 

engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM
Go back to court. School is important
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM
Except that's like the secondary point of the post. The main point the post as he thought he was going to get me to drive his step kids to school because he couldn't be responsible enough to get daughter to school which was his job in the first place so I had to do it

Quoting Elle.tea.22: TL;DR her ex delivers DD to school late all the time, it's becoming a problem in writing. If she switches visitation to weekends she won't see her dad since he works 7a-7pm. What to do.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:52 AM

sounds like hes not responsible enough to have her on school days..i probably would have taken the other kids only because i care about my son siblings..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:54 AM

so take the loser back to court and have the judge tell him no more over nights on school days, since he can't get her there on time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)