Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you found your S/o has a picture of his ex wife in his wallet??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
He asked me to get something out of his wallet. Well he has pics of his kids in his wallet. Me being nosey I looked. So I found a family picture in between some pictures. Which is fine. But he still has just a picture of his ex wife in there. I left it. But a part of me wanted to toss it. Is that normal ?? I don't keep pics of my ex husband. But maybe guys are different.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM

How long have you guys been together and how long have they been divorced?

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Idk ask him about it. Ds16 has a family picture of us before we divorced in his bedroom. I gave it to him because it was framed and the only one i had. I still have wedding pictures. I don't carry pictures in my wallet though.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM

Depends.. Is it a picture of them? Them with the kids? Her alone? How old is the picture?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM
I'd toss it. There is no need for him to have it. If he had an issue with it being gone, he'd have ex wife number 2 on his list
GLO682
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:52 PM

maybe he doesn't even realize its there

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:52 PM
It's here when she was in her early twenties. And it's just her.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Depends.. Is it a picture of them? Them with the kids? Her alone? How old is the picture?

DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM
I would ask. I have pictures in my wallet that were given to me years ago by a true d of her kids. They were toddlers then and are probably middle schoolers now. We haven't spoken in a long time.

Sometimes you just don't take things out because you don't think of it.

Maybe his kids like it being in there.
ginnie_21
by Ginnie on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:54 PM
Hmmmm. I'd be upset and ask him why he has a pic. I would hope he throws it away after our conversation
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:54 PM

I'd just ask about it. If it's from that long ago, I would imagine he forgot it's even there.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's here when she was in her early twenties. And it's just her.
Quoting JalynSpoon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:02 PM
I wouldn't immediately jump to any conclusions.

DH and I have been together for six years. In his phone contacts, BM is still listed as as her nickname from when they were married and his last name. DH has no feelings of sentimentality towards BM - he's just to lazy to figure out how to change his contact list.

DH also carries the same wallet that he had when we first got together. He added photos of our DDs when they were born, but has never cleaned out his photos. He has a photos of SS (now 9 and in 4th grade) from preschool and third grade, and two photo of DD the day she was born (she's almost 3).

I would just assume that DH hadn't switched wallets and didn't know it was in there. But even if he did know, I still wouldn't be too worried unless there were other issues going on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)