Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby kidnapped found 18 years later

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM
  • 15 Replies
Kamiyah Mobley was kidnapped 18 years ago from a hospital in Jacksonville Florida. She was taken by a woman dressed like a health care worker. She was recently found in South Carolina. The woman who took her and raised her is in custody.

This horrible for everyone involved (besides the kidnapper) I can't imagine going 18 years not knowing where my child was.

The young woman who was kidnapped has to be so torn. I'm sure she loves the woman who she was raised by.

This is so sad. I'm glad the mom finally found her child. It's horrible she missed her entire childhood.
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:06 PM
This has happened before, exact same scenario. Her name was Carlina something. She found out she was kidnapped when she got pregnant at sixteen and went to apply for welfare benefits behind her mother's back and her social security number belonged to some old guy. So sad.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Did she reconnect with her birth family?

Quoting kmeow: This has happened before, exact same scenario. Her name was Carlina something. She found out she was kidnapped when she got pregnant at sixteen and went to apply for welfare benefits behind her mother's back and her social security number belonged to some old guy. So sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:09 PM
I live in the city where this happened and remember it well. I'm thankful that our police department never gave up on finding her. It was a tip to the missing child holiness that led to her being found. I can't imagine what she is going through after finding out everything she has known her whole life is a lie.

https://goo.gl/z4fxVM
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM

Yes but I read that they kept bad-mouthing the kidnapper and the kidnapped person had a rough time with that.

Quoting awelling: Did she reconnect with her birth family?
Quoting kmeow: This has happened before, exact same scenario. Her name was Carlina something. She found out she was kidnapped when she got pregnant at sixteen and went to apply for welfare benefits behind her mother's back and her social security number belonged to some old guy. So sad.

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM
I watched a documentary about it. She kind of did, but they were really pushy. They wanted her to change her name back to the one they gave her and cut ties with all of the family she had grown up with. I think she ended up living with the sister of the woman who kidnapped her, and I'm pretty sure she still has contact with her "mom" through everything.

awelling
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:14 PM
It had to be such a hard position to be in.

Quoting hotspice58:

Yes but I read that they kept bad-mouthing the kidnapper and the kidnapped person had a rough time with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM
Sad.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:16 PM
That's horrible. I see everyone's side. What a crappy tug of war for the poor young lady.

Quoting kmeow: I watched a documentary about it. She kind of did, but they were really pushy. They wanted her to change her name back to the one they gave her and cut ties with all of the family she had grown up with. I think she ended up living with the sister of the woman who kidnapped her, and I'm pretty sure she still has contact with her "mom" through everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:17 PM
There's a movie about this story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:20 PM

Whats the movie/show?   I like watching these type of things.  Watching on hulu Finding Carter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)