Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby kidnapped from Florida hospital 18 years ago found....UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:14 PM
  • 30 Replies

Huge story this is another Carlina White case. Wow.

http://people.com/crime/missing-kamiyah-mobley-found/

Here is the missing file on the baby

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mobley_kamiyah.html

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM
This is a local story for me. I missed the news conference.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:18 PM
I was 13 when this happened but I remember that composite picture clearly! I'm glad and sad for her family. They missed so much but have so much time to make up for.
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:18 PM

amazing and it figures the woman who kidnapped her raised her as her own, which is usually the case when a newborn is kidnapped by a woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:20 PM
I hope she was at least well cared for and loved. Having a mental "parent" is a rough hand to be dealt
momoftwobugs
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:21 PM
It's local for me too. It was awesome to see Sherrif Williams praise the cold case unit and their efforts to solve cases like this. There are still many more questions than answers but he did say the kidnapper will be returned to Jacksonville to face charges. I can't imagine what this young woman and her biological family are going through.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I was 13 when this happened but I remember that composite picture clearly! I'm glad and sad for her family. They missed so much but have so much time to make up for.
momoftwobugs
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:22 PM
Local news here is reporting that she was raised in a loving home. It was even said that the young woman didn't want the kidnapper charged.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hope she was at least well cared for and loved. Having a mental "parent" is a rough hand to be dealt
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:25 PM
Well hi neighbor!
It really intrigues me to hear cases like this. And it really is impressive work!
I want to know the rest of the story like how did kamiyah start to wonder, etc and what set off this chain of events.

Quoting momoftwobugs: It's local for me too. It was awesome to see Sherrif Williams praise the cold case unit and their efforts to solve cases like this. There are still many more questions than answers but he did say the kidnapper will be returned to Jacksonville to face charges. I can't imagine what this young woman and her biological family are going through.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I was 13 when this happened but I remember that composite picture clearly! I'm glad and sad for her family. They missed so much but have so much time to make up for.
catonastick
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:25 PM

I feel so badly for this poor girl.

So much readjusting she has to do. I can't even imagine the stuggle its going to be for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:27 PM
This is going to sound bad, but I'm glad she was somewhere she was safe and loved...not that it makes any of this ok

Quoting momoftwobugs: Local news here is reporting that she was raised in a loving home. It was even said that the young woman didn't want the kidnapper charged.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hope she was at least well cared for and loved. Having a mental "parent" is a rough hand to be dealt
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:29 PM

Even with those anti theft devices my son was never without me in the hospital unless he absolutely had to be. Nurses kept volunteering to take him to let me rest but I said no. You never know who has what plans. Call me crazy but my baby wasn't getting kidnapped lol.

I'm glad she was found safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)