Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about to LOSE IT!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My daughter is seriously ill.  She has a severe case of Chrons and has to have a colostomy bag.  But they can't do the surgery until she is healthy enough, she has an infection right now.  So its a waiting game.  She and her 2.5 year old son is staying with us.  She was able to get a leave of abscense from work.  Her husband is deployed, so he can't help.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to work from home much of the week, so it hasn't been too bad having them here. 

Last night was horrible for her, no sleep due to pain. 

Today, my grandson has pushed me to my limits! He has gotten into everything, every reply to anything you tell him is, "no".  He bounces from one activity to the next within a few minutes.  He is potty training and has peed on the floor three times.  For days he has been going to the bathroom, alone, no problems.  He keeps taking things and running off with them.  DH bought him an activity bucket this morning and its already old news for him. 

My last straw was he grabbed my phone charger, laughed and ran and flushed it down the fuckin toilet!  One end was sticking out of the hole so I was able to grab it. 

I don't know how I'm going to make it to bedtime.  (he dosen't nap any longer) 

Yes, I know its normal toddler behavior but damnit!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:19 PM
Yeah more or less this is normal toddler Behavior but it's gotta be hard when it's your grandchild but you're dealing with it 24/7.
GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:21 PM
I'm sorry but to be fair I don't see that as normal behavior at all. I would categorize it as being behavior spurred on by the disruptions in his, as well as his mother's, life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Um, I have four children and have never had one of them take something of mine and flush it down the toilet.  The kid sounds like he's undisciplined.  

If you saw him grab the phone charger and run off with it, why didn't you say "NO!  Bring that back!" and actually GET UP and go after him?  You wait til it is already flushed to try to retrieve it?  Sounds like a combo of single mother guilt, lack of discipline, and lazy people watching him.  Put him in daycare while he's with you if you don't have the energy to keep up with him.

Catherinesmom12
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM
He might be able to come home to take care of her. My husbands command was pretty cool and they were going to let him come home when I was on bed rest but my dad did
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:29 PM

It is difficult.  Its been 20+ years since I've had a toddler.  LOL

Quoting SAHMJC: Yeah more or less this is normal toddler Behavior but it's gotta be hard when it's your grandchild but you're dealing with it 24/7.

sheilao409
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:31 PM

my dh has a stoma as well and he will have it the rest of his life good luck to you all its a hard life. My dd has familia ployposis

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:31 PM

I didn't get into complete detail.  I didn't go after him right away, because I was changing my daughters diaper. She isnt' a single mother, nor am I or was I.  She is fuckin sick and we are all doing the best we can.  You are being a bitch. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Um, I have four children and have never had one of them take something of mine and flush it down the toilet.  The kid sounds like he's undisciplined.  

If you saw him grab the phone charger and run off with it, why didn't you say "NO!  Bring that back!" and actually GET UP and go after him?  You wait til it is already flushed to try to retrieve it?  Sounds like a combo of single mother guilt, lack of discipline, and lazy people watching him.  Put him in daycare while he's with you if you don't have the energy to keep up with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:33 PM

Thank you.  Sorry about your DH.  My DD is looking forward do it, she wants to get back to some sort of normal life.

Quoting sheilao409:

my dh has a stoma as well and he will have it the rest of his life good luck to you all its a hard life. My dd has familia ployposis

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM
My son was a handful at this age but not to this degree. He may be acting out because mom is ill. Not sure of your finances but could he go to preschool a few days a week. This might help keep him busy and burn off some energy
brime98
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM
This. The kid sounds wild.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)