Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does the person who prepares most meals in your house also prepare lunches?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I make all meals except dh breakfast (oatmeal) and pack his lunch everyday. I pack my sons lunch for school and make dhs at the same time. Apparently that means he is a child but he usually works a ton and it's easier for me to do it. I didn't realize having a division of labor was childish.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:25 PM
DH makes his own lunch for work and on weekends. We alternate cooking dinners.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:27 PM
Do you work also? If so that makes sense. I'm a SAHM. I prefer any extra time dh has to be spent with our kids instead of easy tasks that I can easily and more efficiently accomplish.

Quoting Libby22: DH makes his own lunch for work and on weekends. We alternate cooking dinners.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM
I make his lunch, pack his lunch and make sure he has everything he's going to need for the day or night depending on which shift he is in.

It's the least I can do. He works 12 hour shifts and depending on weather it can take him an hour or two one way.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:29 PM
I make all of the meals...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:30 PM
I work, but mostly from home.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do you work also? If so that makes sense. I'm a SAHM. I prefer any extra time dh has to be spent with our kids instead of easy tasks that I can easily and more efficiently accomplish.

Quoting Libby22: DH makes his own lunch for work and on weekends. We alternate cooking dinners.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM
I make every meal for everyone. I pack Dh's lunch nightly(he works midnight's).
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:33 PM

I make the kids lunches for school.

We usually eat lunch together everyday at his work, we buy it. On days we don't (I'd say once every two weeks, maybe) he will take in leftovers.

We both cook but I cook more.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:35 PM
I pack everyone's lunches.
I don't mind. My husband prefers to buy lately. I'd rather pack them and save money.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM
I usually make the majority of the meals. The days or weeks Im down he'll make dinners but I'll still pack him a lunch unless he made sure to leave leftovers. Then I just toss those in his lunch box.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM

I do all the meal planning and cooking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)