Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should a child be withheld from the other parent?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Should a child be withheld as long as the support is withheld?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

I have my own opinion, one that I will not share right now because I want your opinion.

If the NCP makes good money, but withholds child support for what ever reason (person has the money to pay but wont) should the child's visitation be withheld until the support get paid?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:10 PM
Child support and visitation is two separate issues
Lulu-mama
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM
No. You should not punish a child for a parents failure.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:13 PM
No. One has nothing to do with the other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:13 PM
Only if the CP wants to be in contempt too. Every custody plan I've ever seen clearly states that support and visitation are two separate matters. If the NCP isn't paying, then the CP needs to call the AGs office or their lawyer.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:14 PM
No, they're two separate matters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:14 PM
No. Its not the child's fault that their ncp isn't paying. It's not a good reason to withhold visitation. I understand why a parent would want to do that but it's not right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:16 PM

Nope

CS and visitation are 2 different issues.  A person's ability to parent and see their children should have nothing to do with money. 

The only time visitation should be withheld is if a parent poses a proven danger to the child and the courts approve of denying visitation. 

morgiefae
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:17 PM

No, separate issues. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:17 PM

Yes. I know children aren't possessions but if I don't pay my car payment it gets taken away. 

Plus if someone is too much of a loser to not be able to afford any child support whatsoever for long periods of time, I wouldn't want my child around them. Maybe I'm biased because my ex never paid so his ex wouldn't let him see their daughter. I agree with her decisions actually and he has no business being around kids. 

I feel like people who don't pay have nothing good to offer children anyway in most cases. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)