Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off from the post of the mother who moved her child away from father to another state

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
This is from the prospect of a mother who did just that.

Most women ( not all but most) do not want to raise their child/ren alone. Most women do not want to raise a child without a dad. So if they go to extremes of moving thousands of miles away there is more than likely a reason. Unless they are moving to an area where they have family or are moving with a partner they are going to be child sole care giver, their sole provider. They won't have the luxury of sending the child for a couple of hours or over night with dad or family. Once they make that move it is 100% on them. Mothers don't want to explain to their child when they are older why their father wasn't involved, in fact they dread that conversation Because on day it will come up.

The father in question more than likely isn't going to tell you the full story, they will play the victim of a cruel and hateful ex or child mother. There are always 3 sides to every story. His, hers and the truth.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:24 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:35 PM
I'm moving 5 hours away from my DDS dad. He's a good dad
blessedmommie07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:40 PM

I moved ODS out of the state his Dad still lives in when he was 5 yrs old. DH was out of the military and wanted to move back to his home state. I also wanted to move as the education system was better and knew I could give all my kids better lives there. Almost 5 yrs later and we have a house now, probably still wouldn't be able to afford one if we stayed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:51 PM
You had good reasons. Some do it for financial reasons. My reason were a mixture of a lot of stuff. It wasn't an easy decision to make but it was the best decision I made

Quoting blessedmommie07:

I moved ODS out of the state his Dad still lives in when he was 5 yrs old. DH was out of the military and wanted to move back to his home state. I also wanted to move as the education system was better and knew I could give all my kids better lives there. Almost 5 yrs later and we have a house now, probably still wouldn't be able to afford one if we stayed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:56 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:58 PM

I have never been through it but I totally get it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:00 PM

I agree!  I did this exact same thing. My ex plays the victim to anyone who will listen,  but those who know the full story do not agree with him.  I left everything but what would fit in my parents truck and my car including my house.   A house full of furniture, keepsakes etc.  I left very quickly when I realized that I had no choice in order to protect my child and myself.  It was not an easy decision,  but it was the only one I had. My ex has never and will never accept any responsibility for what led me to do this.  His new wife believes everything he says. I am sure anyone who does not know me or know the situation thinks I am a bitch,  I stole his child, he is the victim etc.  But the truth is far from that.

sahmlvnv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:03 PM
I moved away from my home state when ds was 2.5. But then his bd is a pos who has even gone so far as denying paternity and calling me a slut. Ds is better off without that in his life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)