Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a loser parent.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I have $200 to my name after mortgage is paid this month. I do get paid on Wednesdays so I don't have that far to go without getting more money but I wish I had more saved at this point. I have crushing credit card debt from my impulse shopping and coupled with our 2k a month mortgage payment I feel like we are barely treading water. It's definitely my fault, at 100k a year we should have no problem saving money. I just fail with money. I am depressed and compared with all the other moms at school I feel like the biggest loser. I don't feed my kids all organic, they aren't on any sort of schedule, I never take them to the park. For all the shopping I do I don't have anything to show for it, I still show up with my hair in a ponytail looking fat. I've never been fat before, always tall and curvy but after having my second child my metabolism stopped and I put on 40 lbs and went from a size 12 to a size 16. I don't make interesting conversation. I am such a bad example for my children, I feel like they'll never reach their full potential because I am holding them back. Blah :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
happyolechimp
by vera on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:28 PM
it's free to go to the park
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM
If you don't like where you're at start making changes. You can do it!!
awelling
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:31 PM
I don't think you are a loser. It sounds like you are struggling. You know it and are trying to improve it. I hope your situation improves.
ceeeeg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:32 PM

you are not a loser, hon....you are you...and that's ok...

be more concerned you are teaching your kids that they have to model themselves on someone else's agenda instead of being themselves

ok so you have some issues you are not happy with...but wearing a ponytail or a few extra lbs is not the worst thing in the world...

feeding your kids nonorganic is not a rule you have to follow

your debt sucks....i get that...maybe a debt counselor that could help you bring it down and manage it better in future would help with that...

but...stop beating yourself up...that's not the example you want to set either...

teach them...and yourself...that you are beautiful just the way you are...

Owner-Caretakers of At-Risk Teens...a safe space to find support and input among those who support/advocate for kids in crisis

http://www.cafemom.com/group/123248

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:37 PM
It is fixable. It can be hard to change but definitely doable! Set up a strict budget and stick to it.
We were in he same situation a couple years back, we were just horrible with finances. Brought home (after taxes, insurance & such) nearly $8k a month. Our bills (mortgage, utilities, car insurance, cable, phones, credit cards etc) added up to about $2500 a month. Yet we were always broke and no savings. There comes a point when you get sick of it! We came to that point, thank goodness!
Now we have a heafty savings (still growing) and are able to do so much more. We made up a budget and stuck to it.
You can do it too! It may be difficult at first but you just have to tell yourself no! LoL
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:59 PM
We have all been there at some point, so now you have recognized what your issues are and now you have to work on them. Yes it is easier said than done but it can be done. FYI-Size 16 is now the average size of the American woman. Yeah you still should lose some weight but that can be done as well. Going to the park is free and good exercise 😁
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)