Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creepy af or flattering?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 239 Replies
My sister is a fairly nosy person by nature. She's not a trouble maker tho. Fairly quiet and reserved but probably more nosy than ppl would think and she's one of those ppl that doesn't miss anything.

I tend to miss things, she says I'm not observant etc.

Anywho. My DH went through a very long divorce 8 years ago and I was on the receiving end of a LOT of harassment from his ex. We did not meet until after his divorce, so I'll go ahead and clear that up. For a few years my sister would almost stalk her online, I think mostly to be protective of me. I'd get a lot of texts and phone calls like "Sis, she's threatening him again, she's threatening to cause trouble at his job.." things like that. We never took it seriously, bc they don't even have kids together. She really has no avenues to do anything.

Through the years it has tapered off and her name slowly disappeared from our mouths. Until yesterday.

My sis must have been snooping around, and she texted me and said "you HAVE to see this shit!"

She found her blog, where she is almost completely imitating me in almost every way. She bought the same purse I bought at Christmas 2 days after, her hair is cut and dyed like mine. She has decorated her home eeerily similar to mine. She has taken up baking, drives the same make and model car as mine and purchased it almost a month after. I had mentioned on Instagram where I had purchased my wrapping paper for gifts this year, and she bought the same paper that very afternoon. She has even gone back to school in the same field I graduated in, AND she also is 7 months pregnant and naming her child almost the exact same name as our first born. I won't say my childs name here, but let's say it's as similar as Jayde and Jayden.

It's very creepy and I realize now that she as had quite a bit of interest in my life for the last 8 years.

I'm a little taken aback right now and trying to process how I even feel about it. I've decided not to mention it to DH. We never keep secrets, but he loathes her and I think it would infuriate him. I'd rather not fan any unwelcome flames.

Would you be bothered, or is it something to just laugh off? It's very unsettling to me right now.

And just an FYI, this was just the last 6 months that I read back on. I closed it bc I got flustered just looking. My sister says there's years of creepiness.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:39 PM
27 moms liked this
That's not flattering, that's creepy. Fatal Attraction creepy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:42 PM
I think so too. I'm trying to find humor in it, or something to make it not so scary. I'm having a hard time.

Quoting Momeficient: That's not flattering, that's creepy. Fatal Attraction creepy.
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:44 PM
7 moms liked this
I'd tell dh, he should be aware of this. That is creepy AF
goodbyebluesky2
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:45 PM
4 moms liked this
This is how lifetime movies start. Lol. No, but all joking aside that is creepy af. And I would not be flattered in the least.
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:45 PM
29 moms liked this
Start doing some wacky stuff and see if she does too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:48 PM
Oh look, we made a big deal out of Halloween this year. She dressed up almost identical to me. It just goes on and on. I made a post about a delicious clam sauce we had on Thanksgiving and the next weekend she made clam sauce.

Quoting 2babymomma: Start doing some wacky stuff and see if she does too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope, that's like off the radar creepy af. You should tell your DH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Maybe I should. I was expecting everyone to blame my sister, bc I know how this group works, and while she shouldn't have been snooping, it doesn't make it untrue or any less disturbing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nope, that's like off the radar creepy af. You should tell your DH.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:51 PM
9 moms liked this

Creepy. Super creepy. If you don't already have cameras installed on your property I would look into it. This bitch is planning some Lifetime movie shit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:51 PM
4 moms liked this
That's creepy as fuck. Seriously. It sounds like she is fantasizing about becoming you, or taking your place. I'd be worried that she is faking a pregnancy to steal your kid. Or murdering you. It would be very rare, but things that you describe are some of what preludes to some real life stories of babynapping or jealous murders.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)