Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I tell the other mother? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
My daughter got caught lying about going to her boyfriends house overnight when she said she'd be at her best friends. She's been in a lot of trouble. She's 15.

She got her phone taken and I saw a video on her phone of her best friend at this boys house and it seems she might be under the influence of something. This boy is known to smoke pot and take pills.

My daughters begging me not to say anything to her best friends mom.
Would you tell the other mom?

UPDATE

So I told the other mom and sent her the video. I had consulted my ex husband and he told me I had to tell the other mom because I'd want to know if it was our daughter. The other mom just said thank you for the information.

My daughter was at her dads all weekend. Her dad brought her home tonight and my daughter announced to me that something bad happened and now she no longer trusts me. She won't tell me what "bad" thing happened. So she says she's packing her stuff and moving in with her dad. I told her it was a decision that her dad and I both made to tell her friends mom but she said I'm the one that did it so she can't live with me anymore.

I told her she can't just leave over this and that I told the other mom because I care about her friend too just like I do her (my daughter). I want them to be safe and drug free.

She insisting that's she going to live with her dad and nothing I can do about it. She's packed some stuff and says she's leaving tomorrow.

Her dad just said he'd talk to her but not much else. I'm not sure what he will do.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I 100% would talk to her friend's mom... if she's begging you, she has something to hide!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:10 PM
Oh my... idk.
lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Absolutely. You are a parent, not a friend. Would you want to know if your daughter was taking drugs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly, it would depend on my relationship with the other mother.
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I would call the mom and ask to come over.  Explain what is going with your DD and let her see the video.  Then she can make her own decisions.   I would absolutely want to know if this was my child.     IF your child or the other mother gets mad at you, so what?   You can rest easy that you did the right thing.

LovemyQ
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:18 PM

The other mom would probably want to know. Definitely tell her.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. In fact the other mother probably was told that her child was at your house at the time. So I almost feel like you have an obligation to let her know
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:20 PM
If the situation was reversed, would you want to know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Yeah. I'd do whatever I could to stop that behavior but I was that teen and some kids are just going to do what they do matter what you do unfortunately. I would try to stop them from hanging out for the time being though. She sounds like a bad influence. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:06 PM
Yes I'd want to know.

Quoting lunabella79: Absolutely. You are a parent, not a friend. Would you want to know if your daughter was taking drugs?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)