Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The House just took another major step toward repealing Obamacare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:32 PM
3 moms liked this
If our insurance could go back to the way it was before Obamacare that would be wonderful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Hopefully that is the goal.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If our insurance could go back to the way it was before Obamacare that would be wonderful.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:34 PM
3 moms liked this
What is the GOP's plan? They've had 8 years to come up with an alternative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:35 PM
Our insurance is crazy expensive right now yeah it's great not to have co-payments for regular visits but we spend so much more that it's not worth it it. We pay almost $300 every two weeks where we used to pay hundred and sixty

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Hopefully that is the goal.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If our insurance could go back to the way it was before Obamacare that would be wonderful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:42 PM
10 moms liked this

This is not a good day for America...and no, I am not a bleeding hear liberal.  In fact, I am a registered Republican, but this is a horrible policy.  Those who are now covered under expanded medicaid are screwed.  Those with pre-existing conditions potentially will be non insurable.  

For those who believe insurance providers are going to lower their premiums have to pull their heads out of their butts!  There is a REASON we need universal coverage-because allowing the insurance companies to do what htey want means a very select portion of the country will be insured, an even more select portion will be covered by the government and those in the middle will go uninsured.  Premiums were on their way up LONG before the affordable health care act-the only difference was there was no fine if you went without.

We purchase our insurance via the marketplace because my husbands company has increased the premium we are required to pay while lowering theirs portion for the past 5 years.  We get the same policy via the market place for a 1/3'd of what it costs via his compnay-but oh yes, lets cheer if it's repealed for then we will be paying more, yes, great idea.  Way to go GOP.  Never have I been more ashamed to say I am a member.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:46 PM

The only thing I am worried about is the preexisting conditions.  Before AMA when I tried to get insurance on my own I was told I was uncoverable due to a variety of things, asthma, deviated septum, anxiety, a back injury and allergies.  (That anything I went to he doctor for could be considered preexisting.)  In the previous three years to this I had only been to the doctor for my yearly physical.  No "new" issues...just very old ones.

We were blessed that my DH's work offered insurance and so we buckled down and took it.  Paying with we thought at the time was a lot of money.  OMG!!

What we were paying then was nothing...like nothing what we are paying now over 3 times as much now with AMA.  Over 20K a year for a family of four. This was the cheapest policy offered with huge deductables.   (I understand we are covering others preexisting conditions...and that does up the price).  BUT I am concerned about myself if we were to ever loose group insurance through an employer.  

It was bad before and worse now....I don't think repealing it will lower the costs...they will charge the same but change the rules again and cover less people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM
3 moms liked this

This is just bad.  

The reality is this. ALL Americans will be affected by the Repeal of the ACA in some way. Some greater than others.

If you get your insurance through your employer. Repealing the ACA removes laws not only requiring them to provide insurance but also does away with the incentives for them TO give you insurance.

If you have any pre-existing conditions.

If you can not afford what the new going market rates are going to be. 

Lifetime limits...gone.

The amount of money cost to repeal we will all be on the hook for. And they already passed the ablity to hide that cost from the public.

Many who feel they will in no way be affected by this are wrong. We all will be. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:50 PM
Shove that asshole right out of the white house and his worthless health insurance.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It's going to cost 350 million dollars to repeal and we'll be stuck paying for it. Unbelievable.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

This is just bad.  

The reality is this. ALL Americans will be affected by the Repeal of the ACA in some way. Some greater than others.

If you get your insurance through your employer. Repealing the ACA removes laws not only requiring them to provide insurance but also does away with the incentives for them TO give you insurance.

If you have any pre-existing conditions.

If you can not afford what the new going market rates are going to be. 

Lifetime limits...gone.

The amount of money cost to repeal we will all be on the hook for. And they already passed the ablity to hide that cost from the public.

Many who feel they will in no way be affected by this are wrong. We all will be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)