Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He lied to me, now isn't going on vacation with us? WTF?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies

Me and my DH have been married for 3 years.  I have always had a FB, and we have an understanding that he does not want me to have exes, or guys I have slept with on there as friends.  I prefer the same from him so no biggie.  He didn't really even have a FB until recently, when he decided to start one.  One of the first people he added was a girl from his hometown.  We did not grow up together, so I asked him who she was.  He said a friend.  I left it at that, but he went on to explain that she used to date a guy that he hated, so he wanted to see whatever became of them.  I thought that a little odd, so I asked, "Did you date her?"  He said no.  I admit I am paranoid, I have been lied to, my first husband cheated on me on FB with an ex and constantly lied about it so I did ask again last night.  He says, "We didn't date.  Oh wait, maybe for like one day in middle school."  I was like...so you lied about it?  He said no, I just forgot that we dated.  I am not buying it at all, and I called him out on his lie before that he hadn't dated her.  He got angry and basically tried to flip it around on me, saying I was blowing it out of proportion, that he didn't lie, and since I wanted to be angry he wasn't going to go on vacation with the family this summer.  Come again?  WTF does that even have to do with this, and why punish ME because YOU lied about this broad??  Am I missing something here?? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Dude. Chill....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
One day in middle school is easy to forget. You are bat shit crazy and need therapy. However, you are right. The summer vacation is an over reation to your crazy rant.
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM
6 moms liked this
If it's true that he dated her in middle school for like a day I do think you blew it out of proportion but with the way he's acting something tells me that he is hiding something
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Easy to say when it hasn't been done to you. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Dude. Chill....

Dannygirl25
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this
You sound overly dramatic.
katcb1019
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM
3 moms liked this
You are overreacting I think but so is he by cancelling vacation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM
I'd contact her and see what the truth is. Then I would react from that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM

I am more concerned with the lie than the "day in middle school".  To be honest, I don't think it was just a day in middle school.  She was on his old page too.  

Quoting SAHMJC: If it's true that he dated her in middle school for like a day I do think you blew it out of proportion but with the way he's acting something tells me that he is hiding something

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:40 PM
He's cheating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:40 PM

I can be, yes. 

Quoting Dannygirl25: You sound overly dramatic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)