Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommies in Illinois

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Looking to relocate
Feel free to answer anonymously if you don't want to give away personal information

What area are you in and do you like it?
What do you love about where you live?

Any places to avoid, and if so, why?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvantGardener
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:13 PM

I've lived in several parts of Illinois. What part of the state are you interested in? North, central, or southern?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:15 PM
I live in central il. What are your occupations?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM
I grew up in NW burbs of Chicago in a town called Mt. Prospect. I liked it and still do. I have tons of family and friends out there, and I'll admit that several of them are moving out of Illinois. Including my grandparents, who have lived there 60+ years and I thought they would be lifers. The violence in Chicago and it spreading to the burbs is enough for them to want to leave.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM
What part? Have a job? What do you want to spend? Need more info.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:17 PM
It's pretty quiet where I am. Weather sucks and can change from hour to hour from hot to cold. Education is not good. Illinois government is the worst of any state. Jon's hard to come by unless you know someone.
AvantGardener
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:18 PM

Small world,  my family is in Mt Prospect too. I grew up in Des Plaines. :)

Quoting Anonymous 3: I grew up in NW burbs of Chicago in a town called Mt. Prospect. I liked it and still do. I have tons of family and friends out there, and I'll admit that several of them are moving out of Illinois. Including my grandparents, who have lived there 60+ years and I thought they would be lifers. The violence in Chicago and it spreading to the burbs is enough for them to want to leave.

MomKat7
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:19 PM
It seems crime has been escalating in nearby Arlington Heights. It's really sad.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I grew up in NW burbs of Chicago in a town called Mt. Prospect. I liked it and still do. I have tons of family and friends out there, and I'll admit that several of them are moving out of Illinois. Including my grandparents, who have lived there 60+ years and I thought they would be lifers. The violence in Chicago and it spreading to the burbs is enough for them to want to leave.
TwoPennies
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I lived in Naperville in the mid 90s and LOVED it. Close sense of community, very family friendly, good schools.
goodbyebluesky2
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:01 PM
Didn't mean to go anon. Yay! Which High school did you go to? I went to Prospect. Very small world, indeed. Last time I visited a couple years ago downtown Des Plaines had changed so much!

Quoting AvantGardener:

Small world,  my family is in Mt Prospect too. I grew up in Des Plaines. :)

goodbyebluesky2
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:02 PM
Didn't mean to go anon.

And funny you should say that because Arlington Heights is where my grandparents live :(

They're sad they are leaving, but know it's best for them.

Quoting MomKat7: It seems crime has been escalating in nearby Arlington Heights. It's really sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)