Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE THIS!!!!!! (vent)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this
I hate the feeling of just "being stuck" or of hopelessness. Like I'm trying to run but not going anywhere in life. It's so frustrating to the point of feeling anxious. By all this I'm referring to me wanting to open my own business. I'm just tired of working for others. I want to be my own boss. Sorry for the rant. Any advise ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GigglesX4
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:20 PM

Sorry you are feeling like that. What type of business are you trying to open? How much experience do you  have doing this type of business?

Catherinesmom12
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM
Do you mean literally run? I didn't read it all but I just started back at the gym yesterday. I could only run 2 9 min miles and I thought I was going to die. Keep coming.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:24 PM
You couldn't read 8 sentences? Seriously?

Quoting Catherinesmom12: Do you mean literally run? I didn't read it all but I just started back at the gym yesterday. I could only run 2 9 min miles and I thought I was going to die. Keep coming.
Catherinesmom12
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM
I think I have ADD

Quoting Anonymous 2: You couldn't read 8 sentences? Seriously?

Quoting Catherinesmom12: Do you mean literally run? I didn't read it all but I just started back at the gym yesterday. I could only run 2 9 min miles and I thought I was going to die. Keep coming.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because you are your own boss doesn't mean you will be happy. Sometimes my Mom goes months without a paycheck. When you are your own boss, you don't pay yourself first, you pay yourself last!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM
That's the issue. I don't really know. I have experience as an office manager and bookkeeper, and my husband has experience in sales and customer service and he's a handyman too. I want to open up or buy a business that we can expand but enjoy at the same time.

Quoting GigglesX4:

Sorry you are feeling like that. What type of business are you trying to open? How much experience do you  have doing this type of business?

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM
If I had the money I'd open my own business too. I think most people would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM
What type of business does she have.

Quoting MixedCooke: Just because you are your own boss doesn't mean you will be happy. Sometimes my Mom goes months without a paycheck. When you are your own boss, you don't pay yourself first, you pay yourself last!
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Create a business plan after you've researched what business you want to start.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:37 PM
Private investigations. Never fully recovered after 9/11.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What type of business does she have.

Quoting MixedCooke: Just because you are your own boss doesn't mean you will be happy. Sometimes my Mom goes months without a paycheck. When you are your own boss, you don't pay yourself first, you pay yourself last!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)