Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm leaving my husband. Update!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Update:::: I did it. I left him last night. We got into a fight and I was sitting there crying and he said to me, all you want to do is work, come home and be a mom. You never want to have fun. Your sucking the life out of me. I looked up at him and said, than get out. I don't need you here. I'll continue to be a mom without you. Those 2 kids mean everything to me so if I'm sucking the life out of you by being their mom than I'm done. He protested a little and I told him to leave... and he did. I don't know what the next steps are but I got my kids and that's all I need. Everything will be okay. <3

We have been together 13 years, married 10. We have 2 kids. 12 and 9. He's a truck driver and I'm a home health aide. I'm happier when he's out of town. My kids are happier when he's gone too. When he comes home, my kids are 100% different. I'm miserable when he's home. I just need to actually leave him. I haven't got the courage to do so yet. I don't know what's stopping me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:58 PM
Good idea if you all are happier without him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:00 PM

What is happening when he is home that you're miserable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:03 PM
He's got an anger problem and he treats the kids like they are in the military and he's a drill sergeant. He ignores us and when we do talk to him he gets mad.

Like right now, my kids are upstairs locked in their rooms and I'm in my room in the dark. While he watches tv in the living room.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Your fear of what will happen in the future is stopping you. You are compliant and settled in your lifestyle now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:04 PM
So true. How do I over come that?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your fear of what will happen in the future is stopping you. You are compliant and settled in your lifestyle now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:07 PM

It's time to go then.  You and your kids will be fine.  The future for the three of you will be brighter not stuck in a miserable marriage with angry ass.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's got an anger problem and he treats the kids like they are in the military and he's a drill sergeant. He ignores us and when we do talk to him he gets mad. Like right now, my kids are upstairs locked in their rooms and I'm in my room in the dark. While he watches tv in the living room.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:07 PM

Ever thought about counseling?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:08 PM
You have to just bite the bullet and start making plans to leave. No one really knows what the future holds for any of us. Your life could change drastically change any second now. You need to do what is best for you and your children

Quoting Anonymous 1: So true. How do I over come that?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your fear of what will happen in the future is stopping you. You are compliant and settled in your lifestyle now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Yes. He says he will go but we never do. Something always comes up.

Quoting DisabledVet:

Ever thought about counseling?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:10 PM

Ah gosh, this sounds like some of the nonsense I grew up in.  My dad sounds a bit worse mind you.  My dad was out of town working 2/3 weeks at a time then home for a week, then back out.  He's always been into drugs and thinks my siblings and I don't know.  He is verbally abusive to all of us, and has been physically abusive to my mom in the past.  I was so afraid to leave my younger brothers home with my dad that I didn't actually move out until I was 26.  My one brother left home at 16 cause he couldn't take it and my youngest brother who is 20 now still lives at home and he's on fucking pills for depression and everything else.  I think he just needs out of that damn house but apparently that's not right to say.  You can't say a peep when dad's home, can't have the tv on when he's in bed or he loses his mind on you.  I could go on and on.  We've all begged our mom to leave him, she never did.  He's still a huge asshole today.  Don't let it continue, be strong.  You all deserve better!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)