Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOU don't get to make that decision so leave her alone!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My dd has a more rare form of dyslexia. She is in middle school and has a 504 plan. One of the items in her plan is that she can use her own combination lock instead of the school mandated ones for her hall locker and pe locker. Her locks have letters on them that spell a certain easy word, she can not use a regular lock as the dashes on them swim for her and she just can't do it. It's not been an issue at all until this last week. All of the sudden her pe teacher has seem to forgotten this and actually yelled at my dd twice this week. Even called her a liar when she tried to remind teacher and explain. So I got to be momma bear today and have words with pe teacher with principal present. She still says she doesn't like it but since she can't do anything about it it'll have to be. I've given the office the lock combo so it's not like they can't get into locker if needed. At least the principal made it clear to her she needed to accept it and she better not treat my dd the same again. But it just really annoyed me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM
There's dashes on locks?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM
They only have the number in ever 5 on a standard padlock with little dashes to represent all the numbers in between.

Quoting Anonymous 2: There's dashes on locks?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:22 PM
Better keep an eye on the bitch PE teacher. You got her reprimanded by the principal in front of you. She will subtly retaliate against your ddy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:24 PM
What a stupid thing for the teacher to gripe about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:26 PM

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 2: There's dashes on locks?
horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Hmmmm...I'm thinking that's a great idea on the lock. If ds gets a 504 I'll definitely put a lock like your daughter has in there.

As for the gym teacher...I usually stick up for teachers but that bitch needs to lay off. "Doesn't like it" is not a reason to yell at your child. Be professional and do your job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)