Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My dh works with a guy who I've met only a couple times but it's clear he's just a completely decent guy. I met his wife at a dinner once and she also seemed like a really lovely person. They are getting divorced after nearly 20 years and 2 children.

It just got me wondering, why. Of course I know nothing about their home life but I can't imagine any sort of abuse, drug use, etc. I just wonder how 2 seemingly great people break apart.

It got me wondering what could possibly happen that would tear dh and I apart. We are totally solid. We prioritize our relationship. I just can't imagine coming to a point of not wanting to be with him.

For anyone who divorced NOT DUE to cheating, drugs, abuse, etc. what happened? Did you just grow apart? Did you see it coming and not stop it? Try to stop it but couldn't?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:29 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Ask him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:34 PM
If people say the grew apart that's a lame excuse to me..
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM

He was older than me - we used to joke that he was immature for his age.  It wasn't a joke.  As I grew in my late 20's - he did not.  I got tired of it.  I left.  8 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM
Maybe they only got married for the kids in the first place, and now after 20 years they want to move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM
My grandparents were divorced after 30 years because my grandpa's hoarding was so bad she couldn't move around the house after breaking her leg. He had filled her side of the bed with mail so she slept on a pullout couch in another room. I can see divorcing over something like this if the person refuses help for many years. You'd never know what my grandpa's house looks like by looking at him. He has $$$$ and a nice clean car. It's so weird.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:43 PM
He was a habitual liar and he just didn't care about me. The divorce was finalized one month before our 16th anniversary.
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM

Mine was from abuse so I can't comment on this.  But here's a bump for other opinions/stories.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM
Well..we grew apart, simple as that. 20 years is a long time and we were not the same people as when we got married. Wanted different things out of life. Had no passion anymore. Still love each other like family, just not like husband and wife.
tazmidgiefairy
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:53 PM
He changed not for the better but for the worse
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)