Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating while living at home

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I'm in my late 20's but live at home. After my ex cheated on me and we divorced, I moved back home. Despite being a teacher, affording an oartment is tough on my own since we are in California. We all agreed that living with family was in my sons best interest instead of a roommate. Well... I finally found someone I'm interested in. We go on two dates a week when Ds is with his dad. My mom hates that I'm dating someone. I'm supposed to see him tomorrow but I don't have an exact time. Early afternoon is not good enough for her. Well work out exacts tonight but it's too last minute for her. She did my sons laundry while I was at work and said she wasn't sure if I was planning to "budget time for it" this weekend with a nasty tone. I don't ask her to babysit or do any care for him so I'm a little peeved she did his laundry just to use it against me. I'm perfectly capable of dating and doing laundry. Also, two hours she feels is too long of a date and I must be having sex with him. I can't stand it anymore!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need to sit down and talk to her about what exactly her problem is. You are an adult and can do as you please. Maybe you need to stop telling her exactly what you are doing. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM

OMG its really not her business. OI would sit down with her and talk. You have a right to a life. You have a right to date. She doesn't have to like it but it would be nice is she kept her sarcasism and negative opinions to herself.

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I would start looking for an apartment. I would let her know this too..
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:03 PM

I would make sure that she knows that you are an adult and if you chose to date that it is none of her concern. You are old enough to decide when and who you go out with and if it isn't affecting her life at all then she needs to butt out (as nicely as possible).

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Lay it out for your mom, you can either stay and she can get over it, or you can go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:08 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Sounds like you need to sit down and talk to her about what exactly her problem is. You are an adult and can do as you please. Maybe you need to stop telling her exactly what you are doing. 

She doesn't drive so it's only polite to let her know if I'm available or not to take her on errands
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:10 PM

Time to talk. Either you can work it out or you will be finding a new place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting Anonymous 2:

She doesn't drive so it's only polite to let her know if I'm available or not to take her on errands

Ask her at the beginning of the week when she needs you and schedule it. Then you don't need to clear anything with her after that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM

I think you are perfectly capable to moving out now so you don't have to put up with her lip.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Quoting iwicked: I would start looking for an apartment. I would let her know this too..

My son has autism so he has a hard time with change. His dad has moved 8+ times in the last few years so I need to be the stable parent. I'm saving for a house so we have a permanent place to call home
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)