Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Windows dressing (curtains)?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:37 PM
  • 42 Replies
What color is your room, any room and what kind of curtians do you have?

We can not find curtians that we like. I'm not good with decorating so I'm trying to get some ideas elsewhere. I already looked all over and nothing really caught my eye.
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Curtains and draperies are HARD imo.  I have the same problem and it takes me months to find what I want.  Last time I was looking, I ended up ordering about a dozen different panels from Bed, Bath and Beyond online so I could open and try them all out, and then I returned them.  They have about 50 times more choices online than in the stores. 

Good luck!

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
We have the curtains that were included when we bought the house. They're subtle, kind of a not busy stripe. I'm ok with them, we also have blinds. I eventually want to replace everything with plantation shutters but the floor is coming first this year.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Bedroom ~ soft pale pale yellow. My valance matches my comforter. Its blue, pale yellow and touch of white.

Family Room  ~  warm Beige walls Barn red/white checked valances with white shutters.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Show us oictures of the walls and furniture. What do you like Country ? contemporary ?

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:45 PM

They are hard!

There are so many styles too. Like some are draped across the top, some have holes that the poles slide thru, some just have the fabric hanging.

Our living room is pretty plain. Do I go bold with the curtians or plain? Do I do a pattern or solid?

What color did you choose and what color are your walls?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Curtains and draperies are HARD imo.  I have the same problem and it takes me months to find what I want.  Last time I was looking, I ended up ordering about a dozen different panels from Bed, Bath and Beyond online so I could open and try them all out, and then I returned them.  They have about 50 times more choices online than in the stores. 

Good luck!

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:47 PM
I'm struggling as well actually, I need new curtains for my living room and bedroom but can't find anything I like.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Bedroom: Black to keep out the sunlight

Living room: heavy thick 70's gold drapes ... they were late MiL's and we just didn't bother to change them.

Our new place has blinds. I am going to put black out curtains in our bedrooms but no other in the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:55 PM
Our playroom is a greyish/lavendarish/brownish (really hard to describe the color) and the curtains are a mocha color with embroidered flowers. Curtains are lighter than the wall color. I love them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:56 PM

family room.. khaki.. no curtains.. living room...khaki.. no curtains.. great room.. green..no curtains.. dining room.. honey gold... off white textured sheers....

that's about the only room that has curtains.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:56 PM
Light brown walls dark brown curtains
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)