Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had my baby, long birth story

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

It's been a very long day!. Finally me and my little guy alone for the night. So I will share my birth story.
I started having contractions about 9:30pm last night. I was timing them but I figured they would go away they always do. By 12:00am i woke hubby up and told him I think we need to get ready and go to the hospital. Hubby jumped in the shower to wake himself up and we were at the hospital by 1am. At my appointment on Tuesday I was 2cm dilated. By 4am this morning I was only 2.5cm dilated and they said the contractions were slowing down after giving me fluids. Didn't feel like it to me. But they sent me home and said come back if my water breaks, I start bleeding, or go into active labor.
By the time I got home, which was about 5am I wanted to throw my phone at the TV but I resisted. How am I supposed to know if I'm in active labor? If I didn't think it was active I would of never went in to begin with. I stayed home as long as I could and got the kids off to school with the help of hubby.
My oldest left at 8 and I went to lay down. Dh tried to sleep but it was pointless with my loud mouth. So he got up and showered to try to wake himself up some more. When he got out I felt something I thought my water broke. Dh helped me to the bathroom and I started passing blood clots in the toilet. I told him we had to go back.
We get back at about 9am or so and when they check me I'm bleeding a lot. I thought I was going to lose my baby. I told them I wanted the epidural they had stuff they had to do first like blood work. They gave me a dose of stadol. When they checked I was between 6 and 7cm. We wait a bit longer while they are trying to get blood work done. At some point I've lost track of time. They check me again and I'm bleeding worse. The midwife is worried and takes a pic of all the blood loss and sends it to the doctor.
I'm 9cm by then. Doc said to break my water and have me start pushing. I said no time for the epidural. Nope no time. The broke my water and baby had made a bowel movement that was so long ago the placenta was stained. They said it was from some kind of stress but they will probably not know why. The bleeding was from the placenta detaching early. He's really small for gestation 38 weeks 1 day 5.5 pounds 18 1/4 inches. But after all their test he's doing perfect. Nursing well. And sleeping the day away. He's been with me the entire time.
I'm so in love and still in shock! It all happened so fast. Sorry this was long. Hope I didn't bore you too much.

He was born on 1/13/2017 at 11:23am my Friday the 13th baby. Baby Jaxon.

I'm the mom that had gastric bypass in February
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!!
blessedtohave7
by Bahama Mama on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:06 PM
Congratulations! Love the name.
Catherinesmom12
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Nice. Baby Jason. Congrats
babyboxfish
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:11 PM

congratulations

sherri19
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:12 PM

He's a keeper! Congrats!

awelling
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Congrats!
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:33 PM
Congrats. Beautiful baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:36 PM
My nephew is named Jaxon too and he also was born on a Friday the 13th lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Congratulations!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Congrats honey. He's beautiful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)