Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever deal with alcoholic?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

My husband is a alcoholic. He sits and drinks beer and sits perfectly fine until this time of night where he expects dinner. I fried up hamburgers and made hasbrowns to go with it. He's all annoyed now, he's saying, "what is this? how am i supposed to eat this and how do I flavor this to make it taste good"? Then he says to me, "your mad because I bought a 12 and you wanted a case"....... Now first of all I have a rule, do not argue with a person who has been drinking, it never goes anywhere and it pisses me off even more when the next day they do not recall an any form of discussion. So I bite my tounge. 

I just get so fuckiiiing dammm angry when I make something and it's not good enough or it gets questioned and then there is some opinion thrown into it, that I'm mad because of this or that. No, I am not mad you didn't buy a case, I am mad because you buy fucking beer period! we need some shampoo, we need laundry to go to the laundry mat. That is why I'm fuuuucking mad. 

I am even more angry with myself for allowing myself to marry this fuuuuucking POS..... yes I know I need to leave and  this time next year I will be without him. For now though this is how it is.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blinkylights
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:13 PM
4 moms liked this
I was raised by one. My only question is why are you allowing your kids to be raised in hell?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes everyday my df is one
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Go to alanon. Many people think it's for the alcoholic but it's for you. You will be glad you did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad, my brothers, my fil, sil, husband.
So yeah, I've dealt with a few. Fighting with a drunk is like talking to a rock.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you deal with that.

My best friend's dh drinks nightly. Sometimes when I'm over I'll notice him claim he's only going to have 2 but instead he goes through 8 by the time I leave a few hours later. It upsets my friend a lot! :(
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I am one. My father is one. Our family is full of them, all now sober for multiple years. You need to find an alanon group and go every week. And tell him he's always free to do the cooking

tsatske2
by Latricia on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this

So are you considering marrying an Alkie who is still drinking actively? I'm not sure I understand.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes everyday my df is one

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Leave now!! My step dad was an alcoholic and my childhood was hell. He would puch holes in walls, kick down our bedroom doors. He kicked mine open because I had a phone call from my friend. Constant yelling and shooting guns into the floor.  Anytime  I hear popping sounds or loud voices to this day I panic and think something is wrong.  He eventually killed himself.  PLEASE get your kids away from this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Please, do not marry this person. I used to think nothing of it until we got married. When the wedding is over the real life/daily life happens and it goes down the tubes fast!

Boobear110
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Is he in treatment? If not I'd seriously rethink marrying him. 

My ex husband was an alcoholic. It's a tough life for all involved. 

FYI: he was sober for over a year when we got married. He started drinking almost immediately after the wedding . It took me 10 years and him getting a girlfriend for me to wake up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)