Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you know he was "the one"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
When did you realize your husband was the man you wanted to marry?
Was there a specific moment?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:24 PM
Not really.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:24 PM
My cousin who is my age got married before I did. I asked her how she knew and she said "because I could feel him in my toes".

When I felt that with my dh I knew.
Danger.Rogue
by Kate ❤ Luke on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:25 PM
The first time I slept over at his place. I felt completely safe with him cuddled around me.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:28 PM
Well I wasn't thinking about marriage at the time, but we had broken up, become friends again, and he was sleeping on my couch because his roommate became a junkie and got them evicted....

Anyway, I got up early one morning to let the dogs out and I was just watching him sleep on the couch, and I just knew I still loved him, and we'd find our way back together someday, and it was very peaceful and shit.

We were back together not 6 months later. Together 15 years total this month ❤
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:28 PM

We were best friends and hung out together all the time.  He realized it first and tried to kiss me. I was caught off guard and shut him down. He was embarrassed and avoided me for a week.  During that week I missed him so much. It hurt not seeing him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:28 PM
Awe! Sweet (:

Quoting Danger.Rogue: The first time I slept over at his place. I felt completely safe with him cuddled around me.
502Amandab
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:29 PM
No specific moment..But trust has done it.
I'm paranoid about people and have no trust..Seeing stories of women who married men who turned out to be serial killers, rapist's, perverts, ECT..I'm happy to be with one I trust. We've been together since high school and I have no doubt about him being who he is.
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
His crazy matched my crazy.
stayathommom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:32 PM
When I told him how guilty I felt over not interacting more with my mom before she died (when I was 11; she'd been sick and not herself for a long time), he said that she would be proud of who I'd become. That he felt like she understands and is watching over me. That belief in me did incomparable measures for my self esteem. He is the FIRST person in my life to really "get" me. (I'm sure my mom did, but she was so sick for so long before she died that I didn't have a chance to really develop that relationship).
tnt-manda
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:36 PM
Our first date. It honestly felt like I had known him forever, and I was telling him things about me I wouldnt usually tell anyone. He says thats the day he knew he was going to marry me as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)