Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you hate your job?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I work as a customer service Representative handling medical insurance for retirees the age 65 and up. My first job ever as a customer service rep, and I must say. Its so mentally draining. I have my own issues at home and personal life, and then come to work and have to hear about their issues! Its not that that I have a problem with... Its the fact that no matter how hard you try, how nice you are, they are still SO RUDE, and they still end up leaving a bad survey. ( Bad surveys do effect our bonus, and just overall make you look bad to the company) They expect us to do the impossible, they think everything is our fault, and they just treat us like crap. One guy even called me a b!tch for something totally out of my hands.

Idk. I guess I'm just venting. I've had a rough month this far! Where do you guys work? Do you like it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:36 PM
I did. Quitting so I could focus more on school and my kid was the best decision. I was a waitress.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:36 PM
I work for UPS.

Oh God! I hate it!

The job itself is fine.

All the policies that management don't follow is what makes the job ridiculous.

Oh,and I work with assholes.

I need this hours. Always looking for another job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Masterchefmom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM

No. I would never work a job that I hated. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:38 PM
I'm a bartender, and I really like my job. But, I understand what you are saying. Even what I do can be mentally draining. I also hear about all the problems of my customers. And some people are assholes. But, I've been doing it a long time. So I know how to work the bar yet disengage. And people don't generally complain. And if they call me a bitch, they leave. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:43 PM
Im a nurse at a nursing home. I work part time in a locked unit with alzheimers patients. I love them and my co workers...but our administrator is a piece of work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:43 PM
I did. I just quit. Lesson I learned, do not work in an office with less than 20 people. It was horrible. Especially since these chicks never wanted to show up for work
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:46 PM
I work in a call center. For the most part I like it. Mostly bc although it's call center based, I work out of my house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:35 AM
Nope, I love my job. I used to take care of an elderly man, when he passed away, his son kept me on. Now I clean his house & watch his dog, run errands. I have off more than I work but I am guaranteed my pay everyweek, sometimes more because I get paid extra if I keep his dog overnight when he goes out of town ( he owns his own business). In the summer, I get to swim ( in his pool) while on the clock.lol
momofthem311
by on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:42 AM
I'm a pregnant sahm right now and I love it!
Being here for my husband and kids, whatever they need is all I've ever wanted to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM
No I'm a cna it's very rewarding. It doesn't pay much but I enjoy making a difference in people's lives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)